Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 24, Pretty Much A Boring Day

Yesterday was pretty boring day.  Dad had to work. Mom did chores around here. Scout was restless in the morning but slept all afternoon. She seemed better last night, but woke us up at 4 a.m. again.  The problem with the 4 a.m. walk is that it is dark out and Mom has to carry a flashlight. She is scared we will step on a snake. Scout is better than she was yesterday, but still not feeling normal. Mom bought her the lamb and rice food last night and she ate that. She is also eating rice.  Her appetite is not a problem.  She is currently chewing a bully stick.  We still have plenty of bully sticks.  We just don't like chewing them as much here as we did at home.

Mom fixed a Greek Skillet Supper. It is made with a 1/2 pound of ground beef, onion, oregano, cinnamon, garlic salt, beef broth, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, egg noodles, spinach and feta cheese. She also served garlic bread with it.  It was good, but probably will not make it to the repeat list.

She made a strawberry shortcake out of refrigerated croissant rolls.  I guess Dad didn't care much for it because he said "You know you can buy the shortcakes in the store and they are pretty good."  Mom told him that we had the croissants and she needed to use them.

My foot has been hurting me the past few days.  Sunday, I was sleeping on the floor and I kicked the metal part of Dad's chair.  That hurt.  I screamed, but Mom and Dad thought I was crying in my sleep.  Nope, that hurt.  Anyway, Mom gave me some medicine yesterday, but upped the dose today since I have been limping quite a bit.  I think it will feel better in a day or two.  I'm really sleepy now with that medicine. It's a hot day, so it is a good day just to rest.

Hopefully, Scout and I will both be feeling all better soon.
Scout hanging out on the people bed this morning.
Tonight, Mom is fixing Beef & Cheese Enchiladas, re-fried beans and oops, the menu calls for chilled strawberries.  Dad will have to eat the rest of the strawberry shortcake.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Having A Lazy Day in Texas

8 comments:

  1. You poor pups. I hope you're both feeling better soon. All these yummy food descriptions make me want to come to dinner. Let me know if you have any Indiana stops. Your Dad's comment made me laugh...he was trying to be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On such a big adventure, you need a day every now and then to just relax, so you don't burn out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear. We hope your foot is feeling not so sore now and Scout doesn't need a walk at 4am. Your mum must be pretty tired by now.
    The strawberry shortcakes sound lovely, we love deserts!
    Have a nice rest.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch, banging your foot must have hurt. Sometimes, I run into things in the travel-trailer even when I'm awake. I hope its better today and Scout too! The supper your Mom made sounds really good, and if it was all made in one skillet, even better. Doing a lot of dishes in an RV is not much fun (unless yours come with a dishwasher)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Y'all,

    How y'all doin'? Just stoppin' by for a visit. Scout not feelin' well still sounds really worrisome. Now you with a limp...Joey, you've had your share! Hope you're both better quick!

    Hope y'all have better days the rest of the week!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Scout can't both start the trip out on the injured and sick list! I hope you're both better soon!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm the greek skillet supper sounds nice, perhaps I should come over for dinner!

    Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you have been limping a bit. I hope that subsides soon.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...