Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 40, Houston Photos

When the folks visited the Space Center last weekend, they came close to downtown Houston.  Mama took some photos of the buildings. She has seen these from miles away and thought they made a pretty skyline.



Last night, there were storms in the area.  We had some wind gusts that shook Goldie.  We were nervous.  Dad was still at work.  The rain finally came, but it was just a shower.  It barely even wet the pavement.  We are supposed to have rain today.  We hope we get something.  The lakes in our campground are getting really low.

Me sleeping on the floor with my hedgehog.

Mama thinks I am cute when I sleep.
The weather was cool this morning, so we took four long walks. Well, five walks if you count the 2 a.m. walk that I insisted on taking.  I was bored. Mama made me wait a half hour to see I really needed to go or if I was just bored.  Well, I was bored, but I made it look like I really needed to go out so that she doesn't stop taking me. I like walking in the dark because I see raccoons and cats.  Mama is not fond of the 2 a.m. walk for some reason.  We have started taking a different route and now we walk all the way the lake that is located at the far end of the campground, but only during the day, not in the middle of the night.

Mama walked to Jack In The Box for lunch today.  She has been wanting to do that , but didn't want to go on a really hot day since there is not a lot of shade.  She had to walk through a field, but there is a path that is cleared.  We can't imagine who uses the path but maybe it is the firemen that work nearby.  She could walk on the highway, but the path is much safer.  She said she may go back tomorrow and have tacos.  She likes their tacos

Last night she fixed Easy Beef Skillet.  It was easy to make.
1 lb lean ground beef
15 oz can black beans, drained
14 oz can diced tomatoes w/ chilies, undrained
Steamed white rice, desired amount
Sour cream, to taste

In non-stick skillet, brown ground beef and drain. Add black beans and tomato. Heat thru. Serve over steamed rice. Top with sour cream.

Mama mixed the rice in with the meat because Dad called and said he was going to be late and she figured that was the best way to keep the rice from getting lumpy.  She said it was good.  Dad didn't comment and she forgot to ask him, but he did eat it all.

She fixed a strawberry shortcake this week.  She used a strawberry muffin mix as the cake part because that is what she had.  It was good, but would have been better with whipped cream.   I like whipped cream.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Likes Walking At 2 AM

10 comments:

  1. Your momma is right...you do look sweet when you're asleep. I always liked Jack in the Box food (when I lived in Hawaii). We don't have Jack in the Box where we live now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Houston does a very pretty skyline. I love jack in the box tacos - their hot sauce is great. I like their egg rolls and then their potato wedges with the cheese on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure got some post card worthy pictures! 2:00 is when I get my best beauty sleep. No way would I get up and ask to go out unless it was a real emergency! BOL!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gang and you and Wyatt crack me up with the raccoon stuff , and there's Goose with the voles and all I have is squiggles , foxes and cats. The food pictures are making my keyboard look like it's been out in the Monsoon. I shall put a drool proof bib on in future.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a very cute sleeper. Glad you got lots of walks. Hope the weather stays or is cool and the pond fills up.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guys Ta Deccy is on for 'Share It Sunday'.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. We enjoyed your pictures of Houston very much, that skyline is very impressive!
    Sorry to hear you didn't get more rain, we wish the weather was shared out more equally for us all.
    Joey, you are so adorable cuddled up with your hedgehog but not quite so adorable wanting to walk at 2am, LOL.
    Oooh, Mum loves strawberry shortcake, what a lovely treat.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look at my sleeping kids all the time and think how cute greyhounds are when they are sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find it's best to to insist on going out at 2.00am when it's raining or muddy or freezing but I guess that's not an option for you at the moment! Maybe raining sometime soon.. Thanks for nominating me for Share it Sunday. Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like early morning walkies too, I believe the humans need the exercise...heehee. Oh and my mum thought the dinner your mum cooked looked delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...