Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 53, Summer Is Here!

Today is the first day of summer.  It doesn't feel any different to us.  Actually, our temps have been cooler this week.  We had storms yesterday.  Scout and Mama were nervous because the RV was "moving" in the wind.  I wasn't scared, but I laid on Mama's feet to help her feel a little safer.   It rained a lot. The campground is a soggy mess.  We hear "squish, squish" when we walk.   Mama said we can't walk around the big lake until the ground dries up and they cut the grass there.  She is worried we will step on a snake.  It's raining again, so it will be a few days before it dries up.
See, it is wet here.

This site flooded.  Mama hopes they are okay.  They left before the rains came and they didn't come back last night.   We didn't see them take anything with them when they left.
Mama is trying to get my prescription for Previcox re-filled.  She has a call into the vet.  He had told her that we could get it at Walgreens, but they don't carry it.  She found out that there is a generic form for humans that many people use on their dogs, but she needs to get approval from him.  She is wondering if that is what he was talking about when he said Walgreen's had it. If he doesn't approve the generic form, she will ask him to send the prescription to an online place.

UPDATE:  Dr. Mike called back and said I should take Tramadol for a few days.  If I am really in pain, that will make a difference.  He said he will give us the generic drug, if I need it.  :-)   Mama feels better after speaking to him.

I took my medicine for four days straight and Mama thought I was doing better.  I skipped a day and last night I hopped in the RV and that worried Mama.  She thought maybe it could be from me playing in the rain and maybe I have arthritis in that foot again.  Dr. Mike said it could come back.   She gave me a half of a pill and I am doing okay so far today.

Last night, Mama fixed Easy Chicken Tortilla Casserole.  She liked it.  No comment from Dad, but he ate it all.

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cook & dice
10 oz can cream of chicken soup
1 c shredded cheddar cheese, divided
10 oz can Rotel tomatoes, drained
6 flour tortillas (cooking spray)

Mix together cooked diced chicken, soup, ½ cup cheese and drained tomatoes. Layer 3 flour tortillas on bottom of greased square dish, then ½ of mixture, then 3 more tortillas, then the other ½ of mixture. Cover and heat at 350° for 40 min. Top with ½ c cheese and return to oven to melt.


Easy Chicken Tortilla
Tonight, we are having salmon.  It is not a favorite of Mama's, but she is making it.  I think I will eat hers if she doesn't like it, so no worries.


Scout was good last night.  She didn't even go into the bedroom and whine.  We didn't get up until the alarm went off this morning, so Mama was very happy this morning.  Mama hopes that Scout is over the whining phase.

We met a lady yesterday who used to foster greyhounds.  She said I didn't act like any greyhound she has ever met before.   I don't get why everyone thinks I am so different.  I just have a lot of energy and a zest for life. 

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Always Ready For A Walk

9 comments:

  1. Scout looks very comfortable now. I hope your neighbors are okay, that kind of thing always worries me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Y'all,

    Joey, welcome to life in the deep south...daily rain storms are pretty common. You are so close to Louisiana...that state is really humid this time of year.

    Just stoppin' by to see how your week is going. Hope it's great! Wishin' y'all a great first summer day and a wonderful summer!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Joey, nothing wrong with being different!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my golly gosh with weather like that you could enter Frank The Tank's 'Extreme Weather Sports' event in the Blogville Olympics , you get gold!
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are going to have your own swimming pool soon! Hope you get your prescription for your foot, we didn't know dogs can have tramadol, that is quite a strong painkiller.
    Your dinner looks yummy, we love salmon and so does Mum, it is nice if you make it in the oven in foil pouches with butter, lemon and a little fresh dill.
    Her Ladyship looks very relaxed on her bed today :D
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joey different is good. That is a lot of rain. I do not like going out in the rain, not at all. I have MOM trained however, she will go out with me and hold the umbrella over me while I do... well you know.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom says it took me a little while to learn how to walk on a leash, too, but after that I was a model citizen. You just like to enjoy life and there's nothing wrong with that! I have every confidence that you'll be a pro in no time!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You guys did get some rain! I hope you're feeling better soon, Joey. Looks like Scout has a pretty good sleeping arrangement, and I hope that keeps her from trying to get Dad and Mama's bed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Weather report looks like you won't have to wait long for a real Texas summer heat to hit. Looks like Scout is settling in nicely to her new bedtime situation.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...