Thursday, August 23, 2012

What? The HUGE Adventure May Not Be Ending?

We waited almost a whole week before we made the announcement that our HUGE adventure was ending.  We were sure it was over.   Dad came home last night with shocking news.  It is almost certain that we will be on the road for a little longer. There is a hotel that wants him for two months.  Two months would be perfect.  However, if Jamaica still wants him, we will only be able to stay for one month since they asked first. He still needs his passport and that is why Jamaica has to wait for a month.  It is not definite and we are trying not to get excited, but it is looking good. Mama can't believe it.  She told Dad "...but, I told Blogville today that we were going home and I closed down my RVing blog."  We should have waited another day to make our announcement.  Welcome to our roller coaster ride.  LOL

We will wait to start the guessing game of where were are going once we are for sure that we are going there.   We don't want to jinx it. 

Remember how the window in our Jeep Liberty fell and can't get back up?  Apparently, this is a common problem in this type of Jeep.  We have had it for eight years and never had a problem but other people have had it happen several times. Dad has it so that the window can't fall down for now.  Unfortunately, something is wrong and the driver's door stays locked when you get out. That is not a problem unless you leave your keys in the car.  Yep, it happened to Dad last night. He stopped to get gas and he locked himself out of the car.  He called Good Sam's Club and they came and helped him.  Mama told him this morning to take her keys with him so that he has a set in his pocket, but he refused.  Do you think he is going to lock himself out again?  It's very possible.  LOL

I was naked last night.  I tend to get over excited when Dad comes home. I am like a bucking bronco. I was jumping around and Dad grabbed my collar.  I took off running, but my collar was then around my head. I bent down to get a drink of water and my collar fell into my water.  I quickly grabbed it from the water and ran in the RV with it.  Mama and Dad laughed and Scout just shook her head.  She can't believe she has to live with me. 

Joey,
The Greyhound Whose Adventure May Be Continuing

11 comments:

  1. It would be great if you get to continue on. I am naked most of the time. Nothing better.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my paws crossed that you get to continue your adventure!

    We like no collar days around here, too!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are very excited that you may be on the road for a while longer.
    Daddies can be very silly sometimes and never listen to good advice mummies give them, LOL.
    Oh Joey, you do make us smile. Hope you put your collar back on quick so nobody saw you naked!
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds an exciting time no matter what you end up doing. Your adventures are wonderful to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet Obie would LOVE a no collar or harness day, but he's enough of a spook that he's slipped out of his collar a few times, so the harness stays on most of the time...enjoy your trips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life is fun when it's an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Y'all!

    Just trying to get around and visit all my friends I've been missing. Hope y'all are havin' a great day!

    Joey, are you sure you're all greyhound and not part retriever?

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, this is reminding me of when you left on your big adventure. We love "naked" days around here...NOT the humans, just the hounds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that the adventure continues for a while, I am loving reading about it!

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...