Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Didn't Care For Our Adventure Today

We were so excited when we found out we were going for a ride today.  We had our nails done, teeth brushed and we were dusted off with baby wipes.  We must be going to a meet and greet, right?  WRONG!  We went to the vet!  It was not fun!  
Waiting for the vet.  This is before we got stuck with needles.
Mama said we were just going for check ups.  We needed to get Heartguard to last us for the next year. Well, the vet wanted to do blood tests on both of us.  They couldn't get a vein on me and I screamed.  The vet asked how old I was.  Mama said I am going to be five in two days.  He decided they had a bad needle and they did it again.  I had to wear a bandage and now my leg is sore.  I couldn't even get in the Jeep on my own. It has not been a good morning.  On the bright side, I have lost a few pounds.

Scout had to get her distemper shot.  She didn't care.  She just laid on the floor and after she got her shot, she just laid on her side.  It was like they took the life out of her. 

We were so happy to get out of there. I swear, if all rides were to the vet, I would just stay home.

We have been watching all the coverage about Sandy.  Our hearts go out to all of those who were/are in her path. 

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Has A Sore Front Leg

8 comments:

  1. Poor puppies - shots and tests are no fun but at least it is over. My brother and his family live in NJ but, thankfully, so far they are okay. Take care! Wanda says "woof."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fun adventure, that is for sure. And you had to be stabbed TWICE!! It's like a horor story.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, the vet is no fun is it!
    That once happened to Bridge and Mum thinks the vet hit a nerve in her neck, she was screaming for ages.
    Congrats on losing a bit of weight :)
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a dastardly trick! I can't believe your mama would pull that on you. Didn't she even take you through a magic food window after it was over? You should have gotten some special treats after all that!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you're all ready to go on your big adventure now! That's the good part.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I double posted the same comment. Now I've triple posted...but at least not the same comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Joey mate, tell me you didn't let the side down by screaming like a girl?! ;-) Deccy x

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...