Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Santa Left Us Money And We Spent It

Santa left us money this year.  We were kind of sad about it.  I was hoping for a new squeaky toy.  Mama said she was not impressed with the toys that the Petsmart has here.  I don't get that.  Doesn't Santa bring our toys?   It's things like that that make me wonder about life.  As I was saying, Santa left us money.  This morning, Mama said "Oh, Best Bully Stick is having a good sale!  Do you want to spend your money there?"  Well, you know we love bully sticks, so we gathered around the computer.  We ordered jumbo sized bully sticks, some jerky treats and some filled bones.  Mama then found a 10% off coupon.  She didn't think it would work, but it did.  The code is MODOGSUMMER12 if you want to give it a try.  Mama always looks for computers before she orders anything online. 

Mama woke us up at 4 a.m. yesterday.  We thought it was Santa, but it was just Mama.  She wanted to get us outside before the storms hit.  We ended up not having storms which was good, but getting up at 4 a.m. was nuts.  We had rain for about an hour and, of course, it started when we were on a walk around 10 a.m.  We were trying to run home and Mama couldn't keep up.  We kept stopping to shake the rain off and then we would take off again dragging Mama along.  Dad said we were probably entertainment to a lot of people yesterday.

The folks went out for a late lunch yesterday.  The first plan was Chinese, but then Mama decided she wanted Italian. The Italian place had an one and half hour wait, so they had Chinese.

We had leftovers!  Can you guess what we had?
We had Chinese Turkey!  Do you know what that is?  Remember on A Christmas Story when they went out to dinner and they were served Chinese Turkey?


It is duck!  Dad ordered half a duck.  Mama said he did it because of that movie.

Mama had General Tso Chicken.  It had jalapenos in it.

The appetizer
The flame didn't show up in the picture taken with the camera, but did with the cell phone.
Inside Hu's Garden

Mama said there were many families eating out yesterday.  She said the place was really nice and the appetizer with the flame made for a fun Christmas meal. 

Our day was in the 80's until around 4 p.m. and our temperatures dropped fast. The wind was really high.  I got scared and Mama thought it was due to the wind.  It was actually because our smoke alarm battery was dying and it beeped.  I am scared of the beep.  Is anyone else scared of beeps?

Today, our weather is cool, but the sun is out.  Our motor home heats up when the sun is out, so we will probably be able to turn off our heater later today.

We hope everyone had a nice holiday.  Happy Boxing Day to our friends who celebrate it.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Spends Money As Fast As His Mama
 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Y'all!

    I've been trying for days to read your blog and only catching what came up in Reader...since my crazy computer has been freezing...and not from cold...BOL!

    I've been missing y'all! Hope y'all had a great Christmas...and that you get some yummy bully sticks soon!

    Case I can't comment for awhile...have a wonderful and safe New Year!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love duck. yum yum. I bet you all were a sight dragging your mom along. I keep trying to tell my MOM to get me a bully stick, I've never had one. I better go ask her again.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guys love it when I smoke a duck or turkey b/c there is enough leftover for them to eat too. At least they got you a duck instead of a Red Ryder BB gun. They don't taste very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now why did you have to say "Chinese?" That always makes me want Chinese food. Sounds like you all have an awesome bully stick package coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't this also 'Joey, the greyhound who has found that Chinese food does not like him'? LOL!

    Poor Joey. Chinese food doesn't like me, either!

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...