Monday, April 8, 2013

The West Has Made Me Wild

Yes, it is true, I have been wild here in Denver and that is why you haven't heard from me for a few days.  I have been grounded from the computer.  What did I do?  It wasn't one thing, but a series of things.
  1. I have been so excited about being here that I want to be outside all the time, even at 2 a.m.  Mama does not like when I wake her up in the middle of the night.  She usually gives in to me because she never knows if it is an emergency or me just being a pain.  
  2. On walks, I want to go the way I want to go and if I don't get to go that way, I throw a tantrum.  My tantrum  is always done in front of onlookers.  I jump and then go into a complete turn- twice.  This doesn't sound like much, but according to Mama it is since she has Scout on a leash too.  
  3. I am really getting into this throwing dirt with my back legs after I pee.  The problem occurred when I did this at 5 a.m. on a Saturday morning and I kicked Scout and she screamed. We were walking in front of campers that Mama said were probably trying to sleep.  We had to get out of the area fast before they looked out the windows and identified us.
  4. We were walking and we saw Dad come home from work.  We raced to catch up with him.  I was so excited when he got out of the car that I did my tantrum move and that hurt Mama's back.
  5. Mama walked over to the office and when we saw her coming back, we both started barking.  We both got in big trouble for that.  Barking is a big no-no, but it is so much fun!
See, it wasn't really all that bad.

Saturday morning, we took Dad on a walk to show him what he has been missing by working.  Dad showed us some prairie dogs, but we didn't get pictures.  They went underground too fast for photos.

What kind of bird do you think lives here?  We don't know.


Mountains in the background.
 
Me and Dad on the beach.
Scout loves the water and is getting her tummy wet.


A magpie.  Mama thinks they are cute.


We are supposed to have some bad weather moving in tonight.  They say it may be a blizzard!  We have heard anything from 2" to a foot.  Mama is not happy about walking us in the snow.  She said she will not walk us together because we will be too excited with the snow.  The worse part of the storm will be the temperature.  We have heard that it may get down to 5 degrees tonight, but with the wind, it could be well below zero.  The last update was much better with a low of about 20.  That is not so bad. The concern for us is that our pipes could freeze.  We are taking precautions.  The folks bought a heated hose yesterday, but it is not going to work for us.  The sensor that turns it on goes inside our "basement" and that compartment is heated which means the heater on the hose will not turn on and our hose will freeze.  We have to return it to the store.  Dad is not too upset because he was not happy spending $140 on it.  The plan now is to disconnect our water hose and we will just fill up our tank with water.  Showers will have to be short and no laundry can be done.  It will just be for two days though.  The temperatures tomorrow will be below freezing all day.  We also have some lights near the pipes to keep them warm.  We will keep the motor home warm with space heaters and our furnace.  We have plenty of propane.  It will be a real test though to see how warm we can keep it in here because while it is well insulated, it still is not as good as a house.  The forecast keeps changing and it actually seems to be improving, so hopefully it is not as bad as we once thought.   I guess it is part of the adventure to be in Denver for a blizzard.  BOL!

The folks did a lot of sightseeing on Saturday.  We will talk about that tomorrow.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Wild In Denver

13 comments:

  1. Maybe being so high up and the air is thinner it might be affecting you. hahhah But it does sound like you are enjoying yourself.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Denver. I live across town from you in Lakewood. The last forecast I saw said up to 12". Hopefully we won't get that much. We full-timed for 5 years and we know how it is to stay warm in a big Denver snowstorm and freezing weather. I think motorhomes are more insulated now then they were years ago. Stay warm and safe and Joey, behave yourself and don't hurt your Mom. :)
    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you! A lot of campers are pulling in. I guess they need to get off the highway before the storm hits. I am running my AC now, but will be trying to stay warm in just a few hours. It is crazy.

      Delete
  3. Wild West, Wild Joey...I say it is to be expected. Wonder what made you start doing that kicking thing. I think it's cute as long as you don't hurt innocent Scout. Hope you don't get snowed in. Can't wait to hear about the adventures tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have spring fever, Joey! Veil does that kicking after she pees too, usually kicks dirt in my face. Mum says I shouldn't have my face so close...
    Beckett

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joey,
    We think you should tell your Mom it's not your fault. We think you're are acting, uh, . . . . differently because of the air in Denver. Tell her it takes a while to get used to the thinner air. Yeah! That's the ticket! Thinner air!
    Sounds like you're in for a "Two Dog Night" tonight. Stay warm.
    Love,
    Truly, Maggie and Walker

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess we know who the troublemaker is between you two. Does Scout give you the stinkeye when you have a tantrum?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our friend KB lives near you, and she says it's possible for snow to fall in June. Mom remembers seeing snow there in July the last time she was there, but that was quite a while ago. I hope you get to have some fun in the snow if you get some! Bundle up and stay warm!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you might have a bit of spring fever, Joey. I'm glad you are enjoying Denver.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can't bark? But that's just not right! Flynn never barked but I do it quite a lot. Never at useful times like when someone knocks on the door, but I really let rip at a wabbit dog in the pet store on Saturday!Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you guys are at the perfect location - beach and mountains?! Nice! You two crack me up reading about your adventures! Stay warm...burrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Y'all!

    Barking is one of the things I can't control when I get excited!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Y'all!

    Hawk here again...the nest, the nest...looks like a giant squirrel nest. We have them in the trees in the mountains, only they aren't as big as that one...but then the weather isn't near as cold as Denver.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...