Saturday, July 20, 2013

Vacation Time!

Sorry we haven't been around much.  We are on vacation and apparently, that means a vacation from blogging, too.  We are doing fine, but we have been busy.  We haven't taken many photos.  :-(

We went trout fishing at Bennett Springs State Park.  I am not sure why they call it trout fishing because I never saw a trout.  Dad doesn't let us near the water because he is worried we might get a hook in a paw or that we might see some old bait and eat it.  We basically just walked around the campground.  Mama always likes taking photos at Bennett Springs, but she only did it as we were driving out of the park, so the photos are not that good.


The "waterfalls" at Bennett Springs.
Yesterday, the folks visited their doctor for their yearly check ups.  Today, Scout and I visited our vet.  Our vet has moved to a new location, so we were a little confused at first, but then we remembered him.

Yep, our vet is really called "My Vet".  It's an easy name to remember.
"When is he going to see me?"

"Why am I here?  I am current on my shots."
Scout has lost four pounds.  We thought it was more.  Mama says it is from all the walking we do.  We walked a ton in Houston and Denver, but not quite as much in Fort Lauderdale, but it is still a lot more than we used to do when we lived in a house.  I gained a pound or two, but the vet says it is because I am so muscular.  I am pretty ripped if I do say so myself.  The pictures really don't show it.  The vet was impressed by my body. 

After the vet visit, we went to the car wash.  It was scary!


Mama thought Scout's expression was really funny in this photo.
Mama picked up her mixer, sewing machine and a clock that the folks bought before they married 27 years ago from Grandma's house.  Mama is happy to have these items with her again.

Cookies are in our future.


The folks are visiting the family today, so Scout and I will hang out in the motor home.  We are exhausted after the vet and the car wash, so we are happy to sleep the day away.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Doesn't Think Other Dogs Go To The Vet On Their Vacation.

7 comments:

  1. Joey, you've got to train Dad to remove any fish hooks you get stuck with, so he won't be afraid to let you play in the water. Also, I thought the facial expressions in the car wash are worthy of a prize!
    Cookie time is-a-comming who-ray, who-ray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every blogger knows what it is like to finish an event and realize they forgot to take pictures. Joey, your momma is ahead of the game since she got photos on the way out. I think it is a bummer that you had to go to the vet while on vacation, but at least you got a compliment out of it. Your momma is a good cook, so I can only imagine the goodies that are on their way now that she has her mixer. Keep havin' fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love greyhounds!! They are the most beautiful dogs!!! I just found your blog!!
    You are doing what we would love to do if we had the money!! But we never will !! So I would like to go along with you and dream!!!!
    Years ago I had 2 full blooded sight hounds and then for 14 years I had a part whippet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you! My husband's job allows us to live this life since his job is all travel now. We couldn't do it any other way right now.

      Delete
  4. Glad you are enjoying the vacation, even if you had to go to my vet, er I mean your vet. You do look quiet fit. I love to go fishing with my MOM. Yummmm trout.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even if your vet moved, as long as he passes the sniff test. Ooh, gonna have to take the kids through a car wash. Looks like you found it quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Y'all,

    Gee, only one vet? I have 3 vets. One here in the low country and 2 in the high country. Yes, in different towns.

    Love all the pictures of y'all! Joey, tell your human to keep 'em comin'!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog


    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...