Friday, August 9, 2013

I Have A Big Personality!

Mama always tells people that I am not a typical greyhound.  I have a lot of energy and I am always ready to do something.  The other night, we met a man who wanted to pet us. Scout got all excited and that got me excited and I tried to jump on the man.  The man said "He must have been a good racer!"  Mama told him that I was a stakes winner and my career ended when I broke my leg.  Mama then told him that I was not a typical greyhound.  The man said "Oh, he just has a BIG personality!"  Wow, no one has ever said that to me before.  If you meet me in person, you might say that I am aloof because while I like to be petted, I feel there are more important things to do such as walking and exploring.  I like being described as having a big personality rather than not typical. It just sounds better.

The sky had a bit of pink to it last night.

We took our long walk at 7 a.m. this morning.  We have a heat warning here, so we are limiting our time outside. Our walk this morning was two miles.  We stayed on the main road, so no surprises today.

The sunrise this morning.

This park has experienced many floods.  This building is located pretty far from the river and notice how high the water was during the last major flood.

This is the office.  It is a trailer on wheels so that it can be moved during flooding.
This park offers use of their laundry machines for FREE!  Can you believe that?  The laundry room is on wheels, too.

The entrance to our park.  We walked here this morning.  It is 2 miles round trip according to the pedometer.
The main road that we walked today.
We would like to send our condolences to Sam's Mom. His Mom's blog is Miscellanea.  He crossed to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday.  His Mom misses him so much.  We are very sad for her. 

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Thinks You Need To Get Off The Main Road To See Naked Ladies.  BOL!

8 comments:

  1. I think that describes you perfectly! You sure do have a nice walking area. So shady. I like that. I am sorry for the loss of your friend.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we think you have a big personality too Joey, you are always smiling.
    You have some nice walks in your campground. That sunset is very pretty.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much, Joey. (And Scout and Mama.)

    It's very strange. I'll feel a greyhound behind me, and turn around to see which dog it is.

    But now it's always the same dog, every time.

    Silver will be getting a companion, but I think I'm going to have to take a little time. Maybe we can find a foster dog to come and keep us company for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey, Mom says that sounds exactly like you! I agree, you do have a big personality. It's what makes you such a good blog star!

    Stay cool!


    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joey, I'm so glad that you know the difference between being aloof, and having a BIG personality!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Bunny. Blog stars need big personalities. Your sign-off has me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big Personality, I like it! That flood height was incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Y'all!

    So sorry to hear about Sam. His human is to be admired for loving him so much. I hope my Human will be like her when I need to leave.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...