Monday, September 29, 2014

Where Have All Our Blogger Friends Gone?

We have noticed in the past year that several of our favorite bloggers have either quit or really scaled back on their blogs. Okay, we haven't been blogging as much either, but we think it is their fault. If they were still blogging we would feel more motivated.  Yep, that is our story and we are sticking to it.  BOL!  We miss our blogger friends and we have thought of quitting too.  However, our blog is now a record of our travels (2.5 years today!) and we like to refer back to it and remember those trips.   So, for now we will continue, but we don't like to blog about nothing or repeat the same sort of thing time after time so that is why our blogging isn't as much right now.

So, what is new with us?  Well, we are still at the ranch living with the alpacas.  We have learned that the guard dogs are submissive to the alpacas and that is the way it is supposed to be.  It doesn't make since to us.  Gus, the main guard dog, does not like dogs and he will bark his head off at us.  Recently, they added Clarabelle to help Gus.  The vet said that he was loosing too much weight running along the fence keeping dogs away from his alpacas.  He is training Clarabelle.  Clarabelle got in big trouble from him for putting her front feet on the fence so that Mama could pet her.

Gus getting ready to tell Clarabelle she is being bad.

Clarabelle trying to get some attention.

Clarabelle

Gus
Mama was given all the names of the alpacas, but the paper got wet and the ink ran so no more names.  BOL!
Close up of alpaca.
The weather has been cool in the mornings, so we have been enjoying time outside.  It has been pretty boring except last week we heard rustling of leaves and then a dog screaming and then a rabbit came through the fence right at us.  Yep, that was pretty darn exciting!

I hear something!

A rabbit and a dog! 

I decided to get closer to the action, but then I got attacked by ants.
Scout wasn't impressed by the rabbit.
Last night, Dad worked on our portable AC unit.  We are testing it today to see if it works any better.  It seems to be so far, but we will know better in a few hours. 

Pretty, don't you think?  BOL!
He put a plastic box on the the side vent. Inside the box are two hoses.  There are a total of three hoses now and they all go into a window.  I think the two hoses bring in air and the one hose pushes air out or maybe it is the other way around.  Eventually, we want to add an AC unit to our roof and then we will get rid of the portable AC.  It is always nice to have a spare AC unit. 

Mama says we have more to say, but we will save it for another day.  If we don't we probably won't have enough material for another blog post this week.  BOL!

Oh, before we go, I am supposed to say this:  HAPPY GOTCHA DAY, SCOUT!  Seven years ago today, she made her way from Tulsa to St. Louis and moved in with the folks and Jack. I wasn't even alive when she did all that.

Scout being told it is her Gotcha Day.  She then demanded a treat.  BOL!
Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Glad Mama Didn't Buy Him The Pink Cowboy Hat She Saw At Wally World

16 comments:

  1. My husband was telling me that he read an article that says blogging is dead - I hope not! I love blogging. I am noticing some of our favorites have quit. I'm hoping they will be back.

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see that article, but I think it is true. I know that full-time RVers are still blogging strong, but I don't feel like I fit in so well because we are not on the move that much.

    Did all our blogging friends have a meeting and not tell us that blogging was dead? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Gotcha Day, Scout!

    I think blogging comes in spurts. Right now with the weather changing, a lot of people are getting out and doing things that they won't be able to do for a while once winter hits. There are a few blogs that have disappeared that we miss, and it's always a little sad when they just quit with no explanation or reason why. We'd like to at least know that they are doing okay and just decided not to keep things going. But for all the blogs that disappear, new ones seem to crop up. I also think that a lot of people don't realize that blogging is an interactive thing, or it needs to be if you want to keep it successful and going.

    Bunny and her mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been worried about a few bloggers who have just disappeared and have had to check on them to make sure they were okay. ;-)

      Delete
  4. I am so lacking in the motivation department. Our lives are so boring here, we really don't have much to write about. Leaving for Dewey next week and weather permitting, I hope to have a bunch of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Gotcha Day Scout! I realized last week I hadn't posted since March!...I'm trying to post more and have posted twice this week..hope the portable AC unit works well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been missed! I didn't update my restaurant blog for months and felt terrible about it. It is actually more successful than this one because people find it through Urbanspoon. I have some posts with over 1,000 views. I rarely get comments, but I have viewings.

      Glad to see you blogging again. :-)

      Delete
  6. I think that you do a really interesting blog, Joey! Don't stop! Scout, happy Gotcha day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been blogging nearly as much as I used to. Partly, I just am so busy with other things. When I started my blog, I had a lot of free time. Over the years, I met a ton of great people, and I love reading other blogs, which is my motivation to keep going. But I just don't have the time or energy to post as much as I used to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. I probably wouldn't continue if we were not living on the road. It really is fun for me to look back on our travels.

      Delete
  8. A belated Happy Gotcha Day Scout. Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated Gotcha Day to Scout. I really enjoy reading your blog, but I'm one of those that doesn't comment. Sorry will try to once in awhile. Don't give up please

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...