Monday, August 3, 2015

Miss Scout Is Home


Friday night, we drove to the vet's office to pick up Scout's ashes.  It is the first time that the folks have had a private cremation for a pet.  Mom wanted to do it this time because we live on the road now.  She said she couldn't bare to leave Scout behind in a strange city. 

Mom is very happy with Paws To Heaven, the company that did the cremation.  The box that was included with the cremation is very nice and has Scout's name on it. The ashes are wrapped in a white cloth with a seal on it.  They also made a paw print.  It has a few of Scout's hairs on it.  Mom asked Dad if he thought they included the hair on purpose and he said no.  Regardless, Mom likes that it is there.

At first, Mom didn't know if she would display the box.  She asked Dad if it would bother him and he said no.  So, she has it in the bedroom with a few of our photos around it.  She said the bedroom was Scout's favorite room and that is where she would want to be.  


Mom put Scout's collars and tags inside the box.

Private cremation is not for everyone, but Mom is very happy that she did it. She feels much better now that Scout is home.  She promised Scout she would not leave her behind and she didn't. 

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Happy His Sister Is Home

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Patty. Tears for Scout and for all of you. I still have Millie and Wanda's collars and there are still some of their hair in them also. It is nice to be able to touch it. I am so glad you have Scout with you. She heard all your promises of the Rainbow Bridge and that she would always be with you and she knows all of those promises came true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to sign above - it is Mary H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I am so glad she is back with us. We are in MD, but the vet we took her to is in PA. The cremation was done in NJ. I know it is silly, but I hated her being so far away from us for the cremation. It is over now though and she is home. :-)

      Delete
  3. It's such a comfort when they come back home isn't it. I think that is lovely that you got a paw print with a few of her hairs on. I have Bridge's ashes on the bookcase where I can see them.
    Hugs, Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know how I would really feel, but it feels right. :-)

      Delete
  4. And I am crying at work....
    So glad Scout is home with you. I would have done the same thing. Could never leave any of my ghbabies in a strange place. Big hugs! Sistertex and Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mean to make people cry. I almost didn't include photos.

      Delete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...