Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Hummingbirds - I Hate Hummingbirds!

Mom put up a hummingbird feeder here.  She was very excited.  We immediately had a lot of customers.  I was not happy. Why?  Because hummingbirds are bees in a bird costume!  Okay, they don't sting, but they love to fly by my head and they make that buzzing sound.  I snapped at one.  I sure did!  After that, I decided that laying in the sun was not worth it if it means dealing with those big "bees".

The hummingbirds that have been coming to our feeder are "Anna's Hummingbird".  In Missouri, we have the "Ruby Throated Hummingbird".








Unfortunately, or fortunately in my case, a cat caught one of these "big bees" and took off with it.  Mom was upset.  I thought it was karma because the hummingbirds had harassed me by buzzing my head.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Hates Hummingbirds

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful little creatures! I would be out there watching them all day. That's so sad about the cat getting one.
    Love the new feeder.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...