Saturday, June 1, 2019

Jaxson's First Post

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post so my new Mom is helping me with it.  I have had an awesome week in my new home.  I have been living in a kennel at GPA Houston since the end of January.  The people are very nice there.  I used to have my breakfast at 3:30 a.m. and then my dinner was at 3:30 p.m.  It was early to rise and early to bed for me and my roomies.  I tend to sleep in here and get up around 5 or 6 a.m. It depends on when my folks get up.  They used to Dremel my nails at the kennel, so when Mom did it this week, I fell asleep. My registered name is FAREWELL.  I never raced.  Mom doesn't know why and I don't know either. I am two years old.  My birthday is May 12th, so I didn't get to celebrate with my new family this year.
Here is my adoption photo that the folks at GPA Houston took of me with my new family.
Mom says that I am a really good boy.  I haven't marked anything in the house.  I actually don't mark things outside either.  Today was the first day that I actually did "my business" on the beach.  I really thought I should only be doing that on the grass.   She also said that I am a fast learner.  I learned the "down" command in just a few minutes. She laughed really hard at me because I did the down command and then just laid on my side.  I didn't understand why it was so funny but she said it was.

I guess the worst thing I did was my first night here.  Mom put some raw hamburger in the skillet to fry and I decided to help myself to it.  I was hungry!  As I stated previously, I am used to eating at 3:30 p.m. and it was 6 p.m.  Mom didn't know about my eating times until the next day.  I do like to see what is on the counter, but I really haven't done any counter surfing after Sunday.  The last time I did it was when Dad was making coffee.  I was fascinated by the coffee maker.

I love living here.  When I go downstairs to the lobby, there is always someone to give me attention.  Everyone seems to love me. If they are not interested in me, I just lean into them and then they pet me.   I especially like kids.  They are fun.  I don't mind other dogs which is good because there are some dogs here that just don't have good manners.  I did play bow to two dogs today, but they didn't accept my invitation.

I have been to the beach five times and I like it but I mainly like it when there are people who want to love on me.  I did put my feet in the water yesterday and that was different. I am really good at going up and down the steps to the beach now.  I was scared the first day because the steps are really steep.

Here I am watching the water and getting ready to get my feet wet.
Here I am with Dad showing him that I am not scared of the water.


Everyone that I have met who knew Joey say that I am not at all like him.  They say that he was a good boy but he really didn't care if people petted him.  I am always asking people to pet me.  I love to put my head in peoples' laps.  I am told that my hair is really soft. Mom says I look like Scout and my personality reminds her of Jack.

Me and my Dad
Today, I helped Mom clean the sliding door.  She was on the outside of the door cleaning it and I followed the towel on the inside and I left lots of nose prints on my side of the glass.  I also helped Dad sort socks.  Socks really look like stuffies, don't you think?

I went to the vet on Thursday for a check-up.  He seems nice enough but I hope I don't have to go there very often.  It is a little scary hearing the other dogs bark and cry.  He said it was nice to see a nice, young greyhound in his office.

Your new friend,
Jaxson

4 comments:

  1. It's so good to meet you Jaxson. You sure are handsome and we can see why everyone would want to pet you. We have never put our toes in water and are not sure we think it would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaxson! You sound like a super sweet fellow. I think you have found the perfect forever home! Happy belated birthday, and happy Gotcha Day!

    Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home, Jaxson! Looking forward to hearing more from you!
    Sistertex and Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, btw, if you want to see us...Mandy and friends, we are at: https://spacialpeepol.sistertex.com/

    Please stop by and say 'hey' sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...