Sunday, April 4, 2021

I Went To The Vet

 Happy Easter!

We have had a very busy week here.  Dad left the Island twice last week! 😲  On Wednesday, he bought new tires for our van.  He hadn't planned on it but he had one tire that couldn't be repaired and another one had a slice in it.  He ended up getting a good deal on the tires, so he bought four.  On Thursday, he and Mom went to an RV store to pick up the AC unit for the van.  They were gone for three hours!  They rarely leave the Island since Covid began.  I think the last time Mom left the Island was in October.  Actually, the last time they left, I cut my leg.  I got a little wild while they were gone. That is a whole other story.

On Friday, I had to go to the vet for my yearly check-up.  Mom was quite worried.  She works hard on my teeth, but greyhounds are known for their bad teeth.  She said she was a failure because she said I was going to have to have a dental.  She was also concerned with my weight.  It turns out that I have only gained two pounds in the past 14 months.  After I was weighed, the vet assistant needed to take my blood to check to make sure my heart worm preventative is working.  Well, she put a strap on my leg and that scared me.  I did the greyhound scream of death.  I scared her good.  I think she put it in my permanent file that I am dramatic because when the vet came in, he mentioned it.  Anyway, she took my blood and I was fine with that.  I just didn't like the strap she used on my leg.  Mom said she has never seen anyone do that to a dog.  

Waiting my turn at the vet

The vet came in and he checked my teeth.  You know what he did?  He removed the plaque right then and there.  He said it was easy to remove with his nail.  He showed Dad how to do it in the future, so I do not have to get a dental after all.  Mom was very relieved.  The vet said I should lose three pounds. Mom suggested five, but he said to try for three. Mom told him that I like fruits and veggies and he said those are great and they are free foods for me.  I like this man!  My blood tests came back fine, so I shouldn't have to see the vet for another year. 

Sleeping after the vet visit

I was exhausted after my vet visit and didn't even ask to go to the Walmart grocery pick-up. 

Mom is making a ham, sweet potatoes and green beans for our Easter dinner.  I love green beans.  She puts them in the Instant Pot with potatoes and they are delicious.  

Jaxson,

The Greyhound Who Scared The Vet Assistant

1 comment:

  1. We're glad to hear your vet visit went well and you don't have to have dental cleaning. Millie must have some greyhound blood in her since she is quite dramatic when the vet or techs are handling her. Happy Easter to you and your parents.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...