Sunday, August 22, 2021

It Is Tough Being A Beach Boy

 I go to the beach almost every morning.  When the conditions are right, I get in the water.  If the bacteria is too high in the water, I am not allowed to enjoy the waves.  Mom gets an email that tells her the bacteria levels. After I get out of the water, I have to take a shower to wash the salt and sand off of my body.  The vet told Mom to do this with Joey.  Joey developed several infections after moving to the beach.  It may have been his age or maybe it was the beach.  Regardless, I have to take a shower outside before I am allowed inside the condo.  It is not as bad as it sounds.  I don't really like the shower part, but I like when Dad dries me.  The first thing he does is squeegees the water off of me with his hands. That is what he calls it.  He then shines me up with a towel.  He makes sure he gets under my tires (my feet) too.  Isn't he silly for saying he is shining me up and doing my tires. 😂



I like a good massage.

Shining me up.

The little towel is usually not enough to totally dry me, so Mom dries me with a big towel when we get inside.  She then rinses off my harness with soap and water because the salt causes it to rust. Going to the beach is a lot of work.

Jaxson,

The Greyhound Who Is Going To Miss The Beach While Traveling

1 comment:

  1. We wouldn't like getting a shower either but we do like the rub down too. The only time we have that happen is when we have to go out to do our business when it's raining. We sure wish we had a beach to walk on every day like you do.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...