Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Living The Quiet Life

Life is pretty slow and peaceful here.  The campground is supposed to be sold out today with people in overflow parking. 16 RVs are scheduled to come in today.  Yikes!   Imagine our surprise when someone moved in right next to us yesterday.  We didn't even think it was really a spot.   Mom and I always sit in the shade along the well house, but we couldn't do that today because it would actually be in the neighbor's yard.  I still thought I should be allowed to be there, but Mom said no.  She explained that the new people's RV was giving us a shade on our site, but I still wanted my old spot back.

A man yesterday said that I was not skinny like other greyhounds.  Mom told him I have been retired for six years.  I wanted to ask him how long he has been retired because it definitely looks like more than six years.  BOL!

What can I say?  I am cute!

Not a very good photo of the hot air balloons.  They fly over quite often.
Dad finally got new glasses on Saturday.  He got no-line bifocals.  He has tried the lined kind twice and couldn't get used to them.  He still says he will never be able to see things clearly without moving his head.  Mom keeps telling him to give it time.  She didn't have any problems when she got hers. While the folks were waiting for Dad's glasses, they ate lunch. (see photo)

Mom's burger.  She said it was really, really good.
On Sunday, the folks went out for breakfast. They went to buffet.  Mom said it was okay.  They then came home and picked me up so that I could go to the park.  We went to a different one this week.  There was a path along the creek, but it was a big gravel path.  I doubt we will go back.  It was not fun to walk on.

Mom wanted a photo of me.  I didn't cooperate.


Okay, is this better?

I get tired of pictures.
After the park, we came home and rested.  The folks went to another buffet for dinner.  Mom said it was okay, but not worth $23.95  They found one that is several miles away that is really good.  Mom said when they arrived there, they were asked if they had been there before. They said no.  The waitress told them to pace themselves.  BOL!  I bet they go back to that one.

A sunbeam!


Relaxing in the afternoon.  We keep it dark inside to keep it cool.
Mom is still going strong with her air fryer.  Monday, she made a molten chocolate cake.  I didn't get to taste it since it was chocolate, but it smelled good.  Last night, she made pickle brined fried chicken and a double baked potato.  I think she may fix vegetables in it tonight.  She bought what she says is an "awesome" cookbook and has been trying out recipes.   It is called Air Fry Everything.  It is currently only available on QVC but Amazon will ship orders in December.   It has easy, every day recipes.

Pickle Brined Fried Chicken and Double Baked Potato.

One of our neighbors.
There are pumpkins in the field.  We watched them harvest some last week.
The Hershey RV Show started today. We think that is why our park is sold out.  We are not that close to Hershey, but people do come from all over to attend the RV show.  The folks are going Sunday. Mom would prefer to go during the week, but Dad has to work.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Doesn't Like When The Campground Is Full

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...