Monday, March 22, 2021

I Am Still Here!

 Hi Ya'll!

I know, I haven't posted in almost two years.  I am still happy and healthy in Galveston, TX!



How are you all doing?  Hasn't the past year been crazy with Covid?  It got really bad here because as you may or may not know, Galveston is a tourist town.  People flocked to our beaches to get away and the crowds were crazy!  People were parking on the sidewalks and boy were they nuts!  

The hardest part of Covid for me was when the folks wouldn't let people pet me.  They were concerned that I might carry Covid on my fur and pass it on to others.  They have gotten over that and I am back to greeting people.

My folks are very serious about Covid.  They do all their shopping by curbside pick-up.  I like that because I get to go with them to pick up the groceries.  They have also not eaten in a restaurant since last March.  We have had a few food deliveries, but we mainly do carryout.  Mom actually cooks most of the time and at the most, we do carryout once a week.  


Dad bought us a van that he is turning into a camper.  We will be hitting the road in a few months.  It is a very small van, so it won't be like what they used to have.  I have never been camping, so I don't know what to expect.

Oh, I did stay in a hotel three or four times last year.  We were not on vacation.  Dad was asked to help out at a hotel during the tropical storms that occurred in our area.  We stayed in the presidential suite and the place was huge!  It was two floors. I didn't like it the first time we stayed, but it was kind of fun after I got used to it. 

My folks are full vaccinated now, but they are still being very careful.  My grandparents are getting their second shots this week, so in a few weeks it will be safe to see them.  We have to wait until our van is ready before we make that trip. 



That is all for today!

Jaxson,
The Greyhound Who Loves His Daily Beach Walks


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jaxson! It's great to hear you and your pawrents are doing well during this difficult time. Our pawrents have been very careful too and tomorrow they get their second shots. They're retired so our life hasn't changed much this past year at all except our mom does her yarn friends meetups via Zoom instead of in person. We hope you check in more often and show us your cool new van some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to hear from you! Congrats on your folks getting their 2nd shot tomorrow. I plan on trying to do regular updates. Mom was really sad to see that so many of her blogging friends have quit blogging and a few have died. :-( She has been feeling quite down tonight but your comment made her smile.

      Delete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...