Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Stormy Morning

 I woke up to the sound of thunder this morning.  I am not scared of storms, so it didn't scare me but it was annoying.  I am normally a late sleeper and the thought of walking in the rain makes getting out of bed even harder.  Mom tried to get me out of bed several times and I ignored her.  I knew we wouldn't be walking on the beach due to the weather, so what was the point in getting up?  She started getting aggravated with me at 8:30 a.m. and she said "If you don't get up now, you can't go with us for our Walmart pick-up."  I jumped out of bed.

The Walmart pick-up was uneventful.  We received everything but one thing on our list today.  Mom used to make what she called "wishlists" when she ordered groceries because it was really hit or miss but now it is common to just be missing one or two items which is not bad at all.


I helped Mom make a pecan caramel cheesecake in the Instant Pot today.  I didn't really help, I just watched her from my bed.  It is cooling now and then it will be refrigerated until tomorrow evening. Mom said she is going to make one cheesecake a month this year.  She missed January. 😄

The big news at our condo building is that we are getting ready for our new roof.  We live in a high rise, so they built a chute to send the old roof down to the dumpster.  A crane will come next to bring the supplies up to the roof.  There is always something going on here.  Dad is on the "board" here so he is involved in a lot of the projects. 

Mom was sad last night when she went through the blogs of the people she used to follow.  Almost everyone has quit blogging that she followed.  Three people have died.  She remembers when blogging was popular and she enjoyed "meeting people" that way. We are going to try and blog regularly but there really isn't much going on right now.  It will be more interesting when we start camping.

Jaxson,

The Greyhound Who Likes Sleeping Late





























9 comments:

  1. We've really fallen off the blogging wagon. I'm not really sure why, though losing Koira and Pallo both over the past year has been hard. I really should make an effort to post at least occasionally, because it has always been fun to go back through our old blogs- and I always love catching up with what everyone else is doing. So many of the blogs I would read regularly aren't posting any more, or only rarely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry to hear that you lost Koira and Pallo. It is so hard when they leave us.

      I planned on blogging again when we first adopted Jaxson but I didn't have much to say. It is sad that I didn't do that because it is a good way to keep a scrapbook for the dogs. I like to look back at the adventures of Jack, Scout and Joey. There are so many things that I would have forgotten without the blog.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you are back, have followed for years and always enjoyed!

    Lucy (Troy, Ohio)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am going to try and keep it going again. I hope it is not too boring. LOL

      Delete
    2. You are not boring, if you were why would I follow you!?!
      Take care & early happy Easter,
      Lucy (Troy, Ohio)

      Delete
  3. We don't mind the thunder here either but we also don't care much for going out in the rain. Walter likes to get up early so he can have his breakfast as soon as possible. If it was left to Millie we would probably sleep until 10 am. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good that they don't mind the thunder. The one thing that bothers Jaxson is fireworks. None of the other greys were scared of them, but he is.

      Delete
  4. I'm still with you. Still have a blog but haven't written in it for a year. Ghgirl Mandy passed last August. Miss her so! Now we just have two cats that travel in our motorcoach with us. Been down in FL since December. My Dad is here and is 90... So that is why we came here. Normally live in MN. I retired and though my husband is still working... He was working from home.. So we thought why are we still locked up here? Couldn't see our kids... So off we went.
    You are still in Texas right? Love seeing photos of you Jaxson. Very handsome... Wish I could give you some scritches. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Yes, we are still in Texas. I am sorry to hear about Mandy. I understand that pain. It's nice that you escaped the cold winter in MN. I hope your Dad is doing well. I am sure he is happy you are there.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...