Monday, September 6, 2021

Having Fun In Abilene

 We arrived in Abilene on Wednesday.  It was not a good day for Mom.  She was feeling really sick.  She thinks it was a 24 hour stomach bug.  It is not a good thing to be sick in a small van.  I will not go into detail, but I heard and saw things that scared me. 😱

Yesterday, was the first day of the greyhound event.  We didn't get to do everything that we planned because Mom still wasn't feeling good.  We did attend a few speeches and we went to the Greyhound Hall of Fame.


This is a starting gate.  I never raced, so I am not impressed.

This is a memorial garden for the dogs that have passed that were greeters at the hall of fame.

This was big brother Jack's bio-Daddy. Jack met him once.  You can read about that here.
Jack Met His Bio Daddy


Friday night, I was crowned King at the event.  I received a trophy in 2019 for being the youngest at the same event. You can read about that trip if you click the link.  First Trip To Abilene This time I received a new collar, a racing silk, a crown and a plaque.  I really didn't like when they put the silk on me.  They didn't loosen it up, so it was tight. There were three women dressing me and I don't like a crowd.  One of them accidentally touched my "stuff" and I screamed.  They were scared of me after that.


There is a small waterfall just outside of Abilene that we visited.  It is definitely more impressive when Mom zoomed in with the camera than the way it really looks.  It was a fun stop though.



The folks made the traditional trip to Russell Stover's Outlet.  I wish I could have some, but chocolate is a no-no even if you are a king.


Jaxson,

The Greyhound Who Is Now King Jaxson 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new title, King Jaxson. We have to apologize for our mom because that last picture caused her to drool all over her keyboard. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of you when I was shopping for chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...