Tuesday, October 3, 2017

September Was A Rough Month For Me

I am so glad September is over.  It was rough!  I had not one, but two dentals.  Yikes!  Mom was really nervous when I went in for my dental on September 12th.  She was relieved when the vet called and said I was fine.  She was shocked when he told her that I needed to have a second dental though.  Why?  He was not able to complete it all in the first one.  I was under for 3.5 hours and he said that was as long as he felt safe keeping me under.  I lost nine teeth during that dental.  The second dental was on September 28th.  I lost seven more teeth.  I mainly lost minor teeth, but I did lose some of my big ones in the back.  I took my last pain medication this morning, so I guess we will see how I feel tomorrow.  I felt fine after I went off my pain meds the last time.


There is a vet tech that lives here and he said that he agreed with the vet in not keeping me under longer.  He said that three hours is his limit.  Mom said it was nice to get a second opinion on things for free.  He suggested we try Oral Vet on my teeth.  It is like a wax that helps prevent plaque.  Mom is going to order it today from Amazon.


I had the most problem with where they shaved my leg and put my IV in.  I guess the first time they had trouble with it because it was pretty raw.  Mom had to wrap it at night because I wouldn't leave it alone.  It didn't bother me after the second dental.


There was an issue with my second dental.  A root tip went into my sinuses.  It caused a nosebleed.  The vet said that it may cause me to have sinus issues or it may not cause me any problems.  I have been fine so far.



In other news, we are getting ready for our big move to the beach.  I am going to live on an island!  Can you believe that?!   I am going to be a beach boy!  BOL!  Last weekend, we rented a storage unit to store things that we don't want to take to the condo.  We are not for sure we are going to move there permanently and we don't want to move everything there just to have to move it all back.  Dad cleaned out the basement of the RV.  They also starting packing up some of the inside things.  Mom has been purging and packing.  It makes me a little nervous.


Cleaning the basement.  

As you can see, I am really stressed.
We move on the 14th.  After we move, we will take our RV to Dallas to sell it.  We are somewhat sad but excited about our new adventure too.

We had a double rainbow last night.

The rainbow over the lake.

The sunrise over the lake yesterday.

Mom and I took a few selfies a few weeks ago.  We are still figuring out how to do it.  BOL!




Houston is still recovering from Harvey.  Our area is fine, but there are many areas that are not.  The neighborhood where my vet is located is still covered in debris from flooded homes.  The city has not picked it up yet.  It is really sad to see all the belongings on the streets.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Happy That It Is October!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...