Friday, May 28, 2021

First Camping Trip In The Grey Crate

We went camping this week at Brazos Bend State Park.  It was my first time camping.  I really didn't know what to expect.  Camping seems to involve a lot of walking and eating.  😃

It rained the entire week before we arrived at Brazos Bend State Park so the campground was really soggy.  It also rained while we were there off and on, so we didn't sit outside.  We purchased a screened tent but we didn't set it up because we didn't know if it would dry out before we had to pack it up again. 

The Grey Crate looks tiny in our campground site.


Here I am resting after a walk.  I am partway on Mom's bed and my bed. My bed in the middle and at night, Dad makes it longer.  I slept really good in my bed.





The park is known for their alligators.  On our second day in the park, we set out to find alligators.  The first trail we took had tracks for wild pigs which made Mom nervous.  We turned around after the trail turned to mud. The second trail was paved.  We saw birds, deer, squirrels, a snake, turtles, armadillo, and yes, an alligator.  Mom didn't see the alligator until Dad yellled at her to stop.  It was along side the trail.  She got really, really scared and that was the end of our trail walking.


I have only seen squirrels a few times because we have palm trees and they don't like palm trees.



Whistling Ducks

Turtle

Alligator





I thought camping was fun except that I got tired of all the walking.  I tried to get out of a walk by faking an injury on our last night, but I ended up going anyway.  I wish I would have stayed home because it was a long walk and it exhausted me.  I came home and went to bed at 7:20 p.m. and didn't get up until 7:30 a.m. 

Our next trip is in a few weeks.  We are going to see Grandma and Grandpa.  I have to remember to act my age because when they last saw me in 2019, I was a little wild.

Oh and I celebrated my 2nd Gotcha Day on the 25th.  I have been adopted for two years now!!!

Jaxson,

The Greyhound Who Went Camping



2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a fun and exhausting time on your first camping trip. You sure saw lots of different wild life out there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds really fun! Walks are the best part of camping.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...