Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Getting Closer To Camping In Our Van

 Dad bought us a cargo van last September.  He is turning it into a camping van.  He works every day on it and finally we are getting close to being able to camp in it.

A few weeks ago, he installed the AC unit. This was something he was nervous about because he had to cut out a hole in the roof.  He was also concerned because he had to get the 80 pound air conditioning unit to the top of the van.  He decided renting a lift was the best thing to do.  The lift had to be delivered to us because it wouldn't fit in the van.  Dad said he saw the delivery driver coming with it but before it reached us, it slid off the trailer and unto to the street.  😆  The rental place is just down the street, so I guess the guy didn't think it needed to be strapped down.  The guy delivered it to us but then about ten minutes after he left, he called and said he was bringing us a different one.  I guess they decided that one should be looked at before it was used by a customer.  Mom helped Dad that day.  She mainly helped him move the AC unit to the lift and then held the ladder and handed him things since he was on the roof.  It went much smoother than they expected and now we have AC that will run when we are parked.


Putting it on the lift.

Up it goes.

Dad checking it out.

It fits!

I don't think I have shown you what Dad put on the back of the van yet. 



It is not a photo of me, but I think he looks just like me.





Mom said that we needed to name the van so since Dad always says it is my "crate", it is called The Grey Crate. 😃  My Dad is pretty funny.

Jaxson,
The Grey Who Is Ready To Have Some Adventures


1 comment:

  1. Now you will all be cool and comfy on your adventures. We love that sticker on the back.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...