Sunday, May 23, 2021

The Grey Crate Is Ready

 The Grey Crate (van) is ready for our first camping trip.  We are heading out tomorrow.  Unfortunately, it is going to be a rainy trip.  It has been raining here since last week and the weather looked great for camping Monday - Wednesday but now it looks like rain.  We are going to a state park that is about 1.5 hours from us and it has alligators.  😕

It has been a busy week with the final preparations on the van.  Mom sewed my bed and also hemmed the shower curtain.  My bed was a big problem for her.  She used an old comforter and it was quite thick.  She thought she had it done and then realized she had sewed the hem on the wrong side.  I think one part of the sewing machine is still missing after the thread kept knotting up on her.  Sewing is not her thing.

Dad is still doing the final touches on the van.  He likes doing things the last minute unlike Mom.

This is a big week for my family.  Mom and Dad are celebrating their 35th anniversary tomorrow.  Mom reminds me that she was only 21 when she married and Dad was only 20.  Tuesday is my 2nd gotcha day.  Yep, I was adopted two years ago.  We thought our first camping trip would be a good way to celebrate. 

I will update you all after our trip.

Jaxson

The Greyhound Who Is Going Camping For The First Time


2 comments:

  1. We hope you don't see any of those alligators on your trip. Have a great time and lets hope it isn't too wet either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just hope the alligators stay out of the campground. We are pretty sure we will see them when we walk on the trails.

      Delete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...