Thursday, August 20, 2009

I'm Being A Diva

Sorry it has been so long since I have updated you. I have had a rough time since I told you about my diet. Mama decided that I needed to learn to do steps. She has tried before, but I am stubborn. I guess the last time we camped she decided I must learn. Her back was really hurting her then and it was hard for her to lift my butt onto the steps. She decided to put a harness on me and teach me the steps at home. It was terrifying. We did one step at a time, but I dug my feet into the carpet and did all I could to stop her from sending me down those steps. She finally got me down and figured going up would be easier. I fooled her. I did all I could not to go back up. I almost made her fall down the steps because while she stood behind me, I pushed my butt into her with all my weight. We were both exhausted when we finally made it back up the steps. She said would do it again, but we haven't. Ha Ha! On a side note, I can do some steps, but not the RV steps or the steps going downstairs. I have come up them once on my own, but that was an accident.

The next really bad thing are the horseflies here. I am scared to go outside unless it is dark. I will not go on walks. Mama said "Fine, then I will take Jack by himself." I couldn't believe she subjected him to the dangers of the horseflies. I waited by the window and watched for them. I was so relieved to see Jack and when he came in the door, I kissed him all over his face. I gave him a thorough check and he was fine. Mama thought I would go the next time, but nope, I stayed in. Jack has been walking without me. Mama is making me go out a few times a day, but I am not making it easy on her.

Yesterday, our Internet was down. Mama spent 3 hours on the phone with tech support. No one believed her that there was an outage even when she told them she took her laptop to town and it worked fine there, but not in our house. Today, it magically started working again. We are happy about that because Mama is happy.

I guess the highlight of the week was today. Mama took Jack and I for a ride. We visited the library, the bank and Burger King! Yes, I cheated on my diet with a small hamburger. I probably shouldn't say that. We had so much fun feeling the wind in our faces while we were riding.

Jack says "Hi" to everyone. He is snoozing after our trip to town.

Scout
The Diva

3 comments:

  1. So whats with being step scared, Scout? What if your Mom sat on some upper steps with your favorite treat of all time . . .Would you go get it. And if she would walk back down, would you follow her?

    I would, but I am not step scared.
    (I am storm scared and we are having one tonight!)

    Kisses,

    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, we have tried many treats. It doesn't work. The back feet will not come off the top step. We've actually been working on this on and off for almost 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If treats don't work what about a favorite toy? Something like a lounge whip with a plastic bag tied to the end(a huge motivator for my greys). Something that would take their minds off the steps onto something they really want?

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...