Saturday, August 21, 2010

Tornado Warning Last Night

(Scout wearing her storm buster t-shirt last summer.)

Mama was a nervous wreck last night because we had a tornado warning. The warning was around for at least an hour and a half. It seemed like the storm was never going to get here. It finally arrived and we only had thunder and lightning. There was no rain. Mama had us all prepared to go into the basement. She got aggravated with Daddy because he wanted to go to bed and she couldn't imagine how he could go to sleep when a tornado was coming. Daddy even wanted me and Scout to go outside and we just looked at him. Seriously, he wanted us to go outside during a big lightning storm. It's a good thing we have Mama here. Later, we had another round of storms, but no damage. We got a lot of rain with those storms.

I no longer need my storm buster shirt. That's right, I am now a brave boy without it! I get a little nervous when it storms, but I don't freak out anymore. I just hang out on the big bed or my own bed and wait out the storms. Mama is very proud of me.

Jack
The Greyhound Who Survived The Tornado Warning

4 comments:

  1. Stopping by on the blog hop... That's great that you no longer need the shirt! I hope Bella gets to that point one day and no longer needs her storm defender cape.

    http://istillwantmorepuppies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took Blew many years to not totally freak out over thunderstorms! I think you are very brave to already have mastered them and not be too afraid! The shirt still looks cool on you, you might just continue to wear it on cool nights, could make a great night shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilac isn't fond of storms, either, but the rest of us just ignore them! We have tornado warnings so often here that we don't get too fuzzed about it. There's a drill that we follow if it gets close where we all go down to the basement and it's no big deal. The worst was when one hit a few miles from here and we had to go for a week without power. That is no fun!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woof! Woof! Storm is not FUN for dogs. Happy BLOG HOP Weekend. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...