Saturday, May 30, 2009

Our Frosty Treats - Recipe


Here is the recipe for Jack & Scout's frozen treats. it is very easy. I use a blender.

I purchased small plastic containers that are freezer safe for the treats. The containers are reusable, so they are perfect.

Ingredients

1 large container of Vanilla Yogurt - fat free is fine (2 lb)

2 Tablespoons of peanut butter

If your dogs like fruit such as bananas, throw that in. Scout likes it, but Jack will not eat bananas. I have tried apple sauce, but peanut butter is the favorite here.

Instructions

Place half of the yogurt in blender, add peanut butter and then add remaining yogurt. Blend well. Pour into containers and freeze.

That's it. This makes between 12-14 treats depending on how full I fill the cups. I buy a generic yogurt which is $1.67 currently at Walmart. So, this is a very economical treat for my dogs and they love it.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks very much, Mom Greyhound!
    My Mom thinks this will be an easy hot weather treat for me and will make me some soon!

    Kisses,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome. I hope that Stella and everyone who tries them likes them. They are a huge hit in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm.....sounds good. I am sure all of my greyhounds will love them. Thank yo so much for sharing.

    http://spacialpeepol.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a greyhound, but I have a dog who loves treats. Maybe I'll give this a "whirl."

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...