Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Why Do We Like To Walk?


Mama asked me this morning why Scout and I get so excited about going for a walk. How could she not know? Walks are so exciting! It's like going shopping. You never know what you are going to find. Each day there are new smells. I always have to mark areas to let others know that this is my place. Just the other day there was a new Christmas banner hanging on the mailbox. That's my mailbox, so I marked it. Mama was not happy about that though. Someone keeps marking our rock, so Scout and I both have to re-mark it. Yep, we double team that rock. One of these days the other critters are going to learn that it's our pee rock and not theirs. There's always new things to see. New leaves appear on the road. We have to check them out. Sometimes we find things to eat on our walks, but I have to be quick because Mama doesn't allow us to do that. Today, we saw the UPS truck driving down the road. Scout refused to move because she wanted to see what he was up to. I think she thought he was bringing her a present. You just never know what you are going to see on a walk. You might see people, deer, turkey, skunks, cats, other dogs. It's an exciting world! So, that's why I like to walk. Any other questions? LOL

Jack
The Greyhound Who Thinks Walks Are Awesome

3 comments:

  1. I hope Santa brings you more pee rocks. :-}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I agree! And you might run into people who want to pet you!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, walks are great. My problem is that Mom doesn't let me sniff enough. I have to find out what pee-mail has been left for me, but sometimes she is in a hurry and doesn't let me sniff it all out.

    Camie

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...