Tuesday, April 19, 2016

We Are Still On Vacation

Last week, we were at home visiting the doctor, vet and family.  We had to take our rig into the repair shop in downtown St. Louis because the engine light came on and the siren went off.  Well, maybe siren is the wrong word, but it was ear piercing.

The shop was nice and had recliners and a big TV. They said I could come inside.





They said our rig's computer was not up to date and that was the problem. Dad was hoping it was something where they replaced a part because he would have felt more confident that it was fixed.  However, we have since driven about 470 miles and it is still off, so maybe that was the problem.

I went to the doctor on Monday for a blood test so that I could have my teeth cleaned on Friday.  Mom asked the vet if I would be able to travel about 10 hours on Sunday if I had extractions.  She said no.  Actually, we think she got nervous when she read up on greyhounds, dentals and bleeding.  They do not have the drug Amicar on hand and she didn't seem to want to get it. Basically, she said she would not do my dental.  The folks are glad she was honest with them and they will find a vet who is more confident in dealing with greyhound dentals.  I was able to get my Heartguard for a year, so I am set on that.  Next year, I need my rabies vaccine.

The folks took me to Robertsville State Park on Tuesday.  I haven't been there for a few years.  It looks the same.


The folks visited their doctor on Thursday. 

We are now at an Entegra Rally.  What is that?  Entegra is the company that makes our RV. 


Me and Dad at the entrance to the rally.  Don't we look happy?
I will tell you more about the rally next time. 

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Likes Rallies

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad she told you she wasn't comfortable doing greyhound dental. Too many horror stories to add that factor in to it. Glad you are enjoying your vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...