Mom and Dad celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary on May 24th. Mom made a Tres Leches cake aka a three milk cake. I tasted it, it was good. Here is the recipe, if you are interested.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Cream butter or margarine and the 1 cup sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture 2 tablespoons at a time; mix until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Pierce cake several times with a fork.
- Combine the whole milk, condensed milk, and evaporated milk together. Pour over the top of the cooled cake.
- Whip whipping cream, the remaining 1 cup of the sugar, and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla together until thick. Spread over the top of cake. Be sure and keep cake refrigerated, enjoy!
This and ThatThe sun has been out the past few days. It has been in the 80's which is quite a warm up from the 50's. We turned our AC on yesterday. Mom and I sat outside for a little while, but the bugs got me, so we came inside.
The swimming pool is now full. Five trucks came with water for it. They then filled the rest of it up with a hose and rain water.
The folks went to a movie on Saturday. Mom had not been for eight years. She knew the prices on snacks would be high, but was still surprised that they charged $5 for a bottle of water. They bought a large buttered popcorn, too. I think the total price was $15.
We found out some good news. We are going to Escapade this year! We didn't think it would happen, but Dad has been extended just long enough for us to do it. Escapade is an RV rally put on by Escapees. We attended our first one two years ago in Indiana. We were supposed to go last year, but we had to miss it due to the delays in buying our RV. It was held in AZ. This one is taking place in Vermont. We have never been to Vermont. Ben and Jerry's is in Vermont. The folks hope to take a tour. Anyway, Dad is taking three weeks off and we are going to have a real vacation without doctor visits.
It will be a busy camping weekend here. They are holding softball and volleyball tournaments. There will be lots of things for me to watch for sure. I am not sure what the folks are planning on doing. I hope they take me somewhere.
We have a squirrel who has decided the hummingbird feeder is his. Mom is not happy with him. She is thinking of putting an oriole feeder out, but you know the same thing will happen.
We hope everyone has a nice and safe holiday weekend!
The Greyhound Who Is Enjoying The Sunshine