Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Nine Is Mighty Fine!

Today is my 9th birthday!  Woo Hoo!  

I started out with a walk at 4:30 a.m.  We then went back to bed.  Later, Mom fixed breakfast and I ate a scrambled egg.  Mom said we needed to leave the room so that the housekeeper could clean our room. They only clean it once a week.  That is fine with us because we really don't like having someone come into our room.  If we need clean towels, soap, etc., we just tell the front desk and they give it to us.  Mom borrowed a blender from them yesterday and she made me frosties.

We drove to Enchanted Gardens which is really a plant nursery, but they have paddle boats and an animal farm.  They have a TV show that airs here.  We were a little disappointed in it.  We thought it would be bigger. We weren't wanting to ride the paddle boat, but it was $3.99 a person for five minutes.  Can you imagine?  We wouldn't have even gotten seated in five minutes.  They also had bumper boats and the spot for that was big enough for two boats with not much room to bump.  Again, it was $3.99 for five minutes.  We just walked around and looked at the animals.  Two of the workers made a fuss over me. They said I could go inside the store, but Mom said I was a bull in a china shop.  She usually says a bull in a china cabinet. BOL!

It looks like they dug up some bones here.




 
I am not so sure about the animals here.

They wanted us to feed them.


This is the paddle boat.







I wasn't ready to leave, but Mom said we would stop at another park.  We drove to Ox Bow County Park.  They charge $2 a car to enter.  We walked on a few trails there.







I thought we were going to go out for lunch, but Dad got distracted.  We drove back to the hotel and were happy to see that the housekeeper had cleaned the room.

Here are photos of our room:






Yes, I am pouting because I didn't get a burger for lunch.
Mom left after lunch and went shopping.  Dad and I stayed behind and napped.  We were tired from our morning out.

It was a beautiful day here with the temperature in the 70's.  It was a nice birthday.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is 9!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...