Sunday, October 24, 2021

I stood on a corner in Winslow, AZ!

 After being on the road for 6.5 weeks, it was time to begin the long trip home.  Mom said there was a corner in Winslow, AZ that she wanted to stand on.  I didn't really understand until she sang me the song.  I have to admit, it was fun to stand on that corner.



Hey, mister, I like your song.



Our plan was to stay in the visitor center's parking lot, but the folks didn't know how safe it would be and high winds were predicted for the night.  We decided to drive on and stay in a campground, but it was not easy to find a vacancy.  We ended up staying in a place called OK Campground and that about describes it.  I hated it because the dog park was gravel.  Mom and I walked and walked until I finally found a spot to do my poo.  There were big burrs we found while walking so that was not good.   Mom refused to take a shower there because the shower house was old and dirty.  It was a safe place to stay and we were parked between two big RVs and we didn't feel the wind that got up to 50 mph.

This was the all gravel dog park.  I refused to walk in it.

We explored a little bit of Route 66.  Mom wants to do the whole thing but count me out until Arizona gets rid of their gravel.

Wigwam Resort in Holbrook, AZ


Our trip home continues in the next post.

Jaxson,

The Greyhound Who Hates Gravel

1 comment:

  1. We didn't know there really was a corner in Winslow, Arizona where you could actually stand. Now our mom says she has that song stuck in her head! BOL!

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...