Saturday, June 5, 2010

I've Been Furminated....

....and I liked it!

What's a furminator? It's this thing.


See, some of my hair is still in it.

Mama read on Greytalk that some of the greyhounds were using it. She never thought of trying one since we have short hair, but I (Scout) shed while Jack doesn't. His hair is coarse and mine is very soft and thick. Mama enjoys being frugal, so she found one on Ebay because the one in the store was not in our budget. It was new in the package and was very reasonably priced, so she ordered it on Thursday and it arrived today.

Do you want to see how much hair I lost? Keep in mind that this is really only one side of me because well, I didn't feel like flipping to the other side and got tired of standing so Mama could do the other side.
Isn't it odd that it's grey hair? I'm a brindle after all. It claims to pull the dead hair, so I guess I'm grey underneath. I don't know. I do know that it was so relaxing having my hair brushed with it.

Jack was a little annoyed because he was laying in his bed and the ceiling fan caused some of my hair to fly into his face. Mama tried it on him and it didn't do much for him, so it's all mine to enjoy.

After my furmination, I had a Frosty Treat. Don't I look nice and shiny? Hmmmm.... well the photo doesn't show it, but I do look really shiny in person.

Scout
The Furminated Greyhound

7 comments:

  1. Blueberry and Lilac both have a lot more hair than me, and they lose piles of hair when Mom uses the Furminator on them, too! Even I lose quite a lot, but my coat is much thinner than theirs. Did you know you can leave the hair outside and the birds will take it and build cozy nests with it? There's also a place collecting all kinds of hair that they're using to make hair mats that will soak up oil like the oil spill in the gulf!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I just stopped by during blog-hop to introduce myself! Wow, I was surprised you still had furs left on your body after seeing all your furs in that furs-minator brush! But you looked very spiffy! My moms might need to look into buying one of those things for me and my family....

    ((Hugs)) MinnaK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our guys all love the Furminator - our floors are happy about it too! That reminds me, it's probably time for a brush again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! I LUVS to make new furiends!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you could make a ROOOOOo pillow with all that hair...I bet it did feel great!!! Like a massage or back scratch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have short hair too so it does nothing for me but my brofur needs furminating every week. Sadly, he doesn't like it (he is very ticklish).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woof! Woof! You look GOOD. Did you say Frosty Paws. Mom made one for last week. Check the recipe on my site. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...