Wednesday, June 16, 2010

There's No Place Like Home - Part 2

While we were camping at Johnson's Shut-Ins we met a greyhound by the name of Gracie. She is from Jefferson City, MO. We forgot to ask her last name, so we have no way of re-connecting with her. Mama thought she might be able to find her on Greytalk, but hasn't had any luck yet. If you know Gracie from Jeff City, tell her that Jack is looking for her. :-)

Mama and Daddy went to the shut-ins but Scout and I had to stay in the RV. Why? There is a rule that pets and plastic containers are not allowed there. How did we get put in with plastic containers? That's just rude! I wanted to tell them I was a retired athlete, but then I remembered that I didn't like the water anyway so why put up a fight. A rule is a rule after all.

Here are a few photos of the shut-ins.

Mama said people were diving off the rocks. She and Daddy both wonder how many people get hurt there each day. I'm glad I didn't get to go because it looks scary to me. When that reservoir broke, it gushed right through there. It's a good thing that it happened in December and not when the park had visitors.

Saturday night we had some rain and then a rainbow came out. We took a long walk after that and met lots of people.

We had a nice time even though it was really hot. We had our Frosty treats, AC, breakfast in bed and our humans. What more could a houndie want?

Our next trip is with Grandma and Grandpa. We are going trout fishing.

Jack
The Greyhound Who Is Ready For His Next Trip

3 comments:

  1. Lump together with plastic containers? That is rude, very rude! ANd why would any body want to dive off rocks? Peoples can be so silly sometimes.
    Great photos.

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? I've never been in a plastic container! I'm sure I'd remember such an indignity!

    You guys sure go to some pretty and exciting looking places, though!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to go trout fishing with you!

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...