Monday, February 10, 2014

Scout Is Going To Get Us Banned....

....from getting treats.

I told you that there is a man who works here who drives a golf cart.  He stops for all the dogs and hands out treats.  Scout gets excited whenever she see a golf cart and very disappointed when they don't stop.  We thought there was only one cart that held the treats, but yesterday we discovered that a second golf cart carries treats.  The man stopped to talk to us and then he handed us a treat.  I took mine and I happily ate it.  Do you know what Scout did?  She sniffed it and refused it. The nice man offered her another flavor and she refused.  He offered her a third flavor and she refused.  You see he didn't have the same treats as the other man.  The folks and I were embarrassed by Scout and her attitude about the treats not meeting her standards.  Mama told her that she is going to get us banned from getting treats here.  :::sigh:::


We saw more dogs being walked this weekend. It was fun meeting all the residents.  Miss Woe even came out. She is the greyhound who lives here.  We were happy to see her.  She is still a little scared of us.  Mama says we come on way too strong for her.  She had a foster brother recently, but he found his forever home.  She is hoping to have another foster living with her soon. We hope so too because it will be fun to have another greyhound in the park.

Joey,
The Greyhound Whose Sister Needs An Attitude Adjustment

4 comments:

  1. Joey, you are right in thinking that Scout is needing an attitude adjustment! Maybe you can get Mom to carry the approved treats and hand one to the golf cart man, to help the situation along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My current guys are the Eat Now Ask Questions Later type. Stella was our only treat snob. If she took too long sniffing and deciding, one of the others usually came by and made the decision for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be part chihuahua Scout, we are picky with our treats too. We remember Miss Woe from when you were there before.
    Dip and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scout, I have turned down treats before, and I don't see anything wrong with it. If someone offers me a treat that isn't up to my standards, I sniff it and leave it. Or I have Mom carry it to the car for me, where I usually do eat it. I don't know how they can expect me to inhale a whole treat right there at the end of the checkout line at Petsmart! I mean really, I could drop crumbs or something. I might have to eat one off the floor, which is simply unacceptable!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...