Thursday, September 3, 2015

The Dance - Dedicated to Raina

 

On Monday, another one of our greyhound friends earned her angel wings.  Raina was a beautiful girl.  Her Mom, Lisa, describes her as fiercely independent and always did things her way, even to the very end.  She was a picky eater and her Mom pulled out all the stops for her. Raina was a fan of frosty treats.  Raina was 15!  Yes, you read that right, 15!

Beautiful Raina

She liked playing in the snow. This was from this past winter 2014/2015.  Look at her go.

Relaxing in her bed.

She loved her Mom.

Such a striking pair!  Raina and her sister, Emmi.

Raina with stuffies.
Raina Will ~ Lets get it done - 12/12/2000 ~ 8/31/2015
Raina was loved and missed by many, including her sisters Emmi and Asia.  Even with all the sadness right now, her Mom said she wouldn't have missed the dance.  You may wonder what she means by that.  Well, Mom knew immediately.  You see, The Dance is a song sung by Garth Brooks.  Whenever Mom hears it she things of her Dad who died many years ago.  Recently, she started thinking of Scout.  Lisa, Raina's Mom, said that it is an "anthem" for all her greyhound angels.  We have linked a video to the blog, we hope it works so that you can hear this beautiful song.  Here are the lyrics, just in case our video does not work.

The Dance

Looking back
On the memory of
The dance we shared
'Neath the stars above
For a moment
All the world was right
How could I have known
That you'd ever say goodbye
And now
I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end
The way it all would go
Our lives
Are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
But I'd have had to miss
The dance
Holding you
I held everything
For a moment
Wasn't I a king
But if I'd only known
How the king would fall
Hey who's to say
You know I might have changed it all
And now
I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end
The way it all would go
Our lives
Are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
But I'd have had to miss
The dance
Yes my life
It's better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
But I'd have had to miss
The dance




 Raina, you are missed.  You were loved. We know you are an independent lady, but send your Mom a sign, okay?  I bet she will smile when you do.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Thinks The Rainbow Bridge Must Be Something Special With All The Greyhounds That Are There

2 comments:

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...