Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thinking Of Scout On Her Birthday

Today is Scout's birthday.  She would have been ten.  Mom really wanted her to make it to ten, but it wasn't meant to be.  We are thinking of her, but trying not to be sad.  Scout has sent has several signs to let us know she is okay.


Scout would have loved it here.  The people are so nice and they have a treat window at the office.  That's right, the office has a half door and they hand out treats to all the dogs.  Last week, they stood outside and handed out treats.  They give me lots of love and you know, they would have really loved Scout.   

Mom came across a post about Scout last week and it really sums up Scout and her personality.  We should have saved the one with her sunbathing and posted that today instead of this one because that one really made us laugh.  Oh, what the heck!  We are showing that photo again.





Scout was definitely an Eeyore and this post shows it.

01/21/14
It's me, Scout, to tell you all something.  Normally, I walk around like Eeyore.  I drag along without too much enthusiasm.  Mama is always telling me to pick up the pace.  Well, today, I had a pep in my step.  I was a happy girl.  We were all having a great walk.  Do you know what happened?  Joey peed on me!  That's right, he peed on my nose. My pep is now gone.  I don't think it will ever return.

Scout,
The Greyhound Who Thinks Eeyore Has The Right Outlook On Life

Mom here:  That was not the last time that Scout had a pep in her step even though she probably wouldn't want to admit it.  She did get Joey back just a few days later by peeing on him.  LOL  Scout had a very happy life with us.  She was loved and she knew it.  :-)  Miss you Baby Girl....Mama loves you!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday in heaven Scout. We miss you!
    That is such a funny story, dogs are real clowns sometimes aren't they.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...