Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Our First Tropical Storm

Should I be scared?
We are under a tropical storm warning.  The people on the news keep telling us to prepare.  Mom doesn't really know what that means since it is just supposed to be rain. They are saying now that the wind could get up to 45 mph. She did buy us some water and we have plenty of food.  We have a generator if we need it.  She asked the office if there was a chance we could flood because the news was originally saying we could get 6".  There is a guy who is staying here who happens to be an environmental engineer and he was in the office.  He told her that we will be fine.  He said the lake is a retention pond and it will keep us from flooding. He said that we may be trapped inside the park because the roads outside of the park will most likely flood, but we won't. That was a huge relief. Dad may not be that lucky since he will be at work.  It sounds like the storm is weakening, so we may not even get much rain.  I think they are saying 3" now. It will, of course, start in the middle of the night so going outside in the morning may be tough. I guess we will just get wet.

I talked Mom into taking me to Petsmart today.  How did I do that?  Well, she took the trash out and when she got back, I got all excited.  She took me outside and I kept going to the Jeep and crying.  She decided that we could go for a ride.  She didn't even realize that she was wearing her old shoes and old clothes.  We drove past a dog kennel and the dogs were outside.  I cried with excitement.  She then asked if I wanted to go to Petsmart.  What kind of question is that?  Of course!  Petsmart is the ultimate place to me.  We walked through every aisle several times.  It is hard for me to take it all in.  We then headed to the car and then I pulled my famous stunt.  I did my business.  Mom had to pick it up and take it to the trash can which is at the front of the store.  Well, since we were at the front of the store, we may as well walk through it again.  I always go back a second time.  The second time in the store, I can relax and really shop.  Mom found some treats and asked if I wanted them.  They smelled good, so I said sure.  We got in line to pay and then I gave Mom the most adoring looking that told her that I think she is the best.  She gushed at me.  Do I know how to work her or what?  I didn't want to get back in the car, but I didn't want to upset Mom, so I jumped in and we headed home.  Mom told me I was a good boy and now we are relaxing.  Actually, I think we need to take another walk because while windy out, the temperature is nice.  It is cloudy, so it is not hot.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Ready To Meet Tropical Storm Cindy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...