Sunday, July 12, 2009

Stuffies Get Repaired

Daddy was able to fix our air conditioning Wednesday evening, so we only camped for about three hours. We didn't even get any special treats like we do when we camp. :-(

The only thing exciting that has happened was yesterday. The kitchen faucet broke. What is up with this house? Mama and Daddy built it 5 1/2 years ago and everything seems to be breaking now. Mama and Daddy were cleaning the stove which takes a while if you really clean it. It's a Viking cook top and they took it all apart to clean up all the grease. Mama hates doing it. Mama loves the cook top because it has a griddle and a grill, but it is a pain to clean. They then took down the exhaust fan and cleaned it. Anyway, Mama was busy washing everything and didn't notice the water coming out of the kitchen cabinet underneath the sink. It was a mess. Daddy is going to replace the hose on the faucet. It's one of the faucets where the sprayer is built into the faucet itself. We can use it, but can't pull it out for the sprayer.

Today, Mama decided to do surgery on our stuffies that have been on the injured list. Some of the stuffies used to grunt, but now they squeak because she couldn't fix the grunters. We have one that received a new grunter that sounds really funny. She had a few spare squeakers and she used those and then took squeakers out of the stuffies that we never play with. We were not as impressed as she had hoped.

Here Scout is waiting for the repairs to be made.


These are the stuffies that we haven't seen for months because they were waiting for repairs.


It's getting ready to storm. Scout and I both have our Storm Buster shirts on. We are ready!

Jack
The Storm Busting Greyhound

5 comments:

  1. What a lot of fixing up you are doing! I love it when my Mom fixes my stuffees and she also has extra squeekers to use. Although I don't destroy my stuffees, sometimes we get guests who do that.

    I would like to see a picture of you guys in your Storm Shirts. I think I need to have one too. My Mom thought I would just "get over" being storm scared but I am not. Did you buy your shirts someplace special or did you just get tee shirts?

    Kisses,
    Stella
    letoile@arvig.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://twogreyhoundtown.blogspot.com/2009/06/im-storm-buster-now.html

    The above story has photos of me in my t-shirt. It's just an old t-shirt wrapped tight around my tummy and the excess is tied with a rubber band. We are not sure why it works, but it does. I was nervous today because it really stormed, but I wasn't pacing the house like I do without my t-shirt on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scout's blue stuffie looks quite startled to b back in the clutches of a large dog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are getting everything fixed up! Hopefully soon there will just be nothing left needing fixing and everyone can take a break! There just seem to be times when everything happens at once.

    Very nice about the stuffie repair! Now the ones that were waiting are almost like getting a new surpise again! :) Yea!

    http://spacialpeepol.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a grandad that fixes stuffies, but it's usually just for the human kids. Sadie the Greyhound dosen't seem to mind that her stuffies are torn up, but she sure hates them to be full of stuffing! That is one of her main goals in life..pulling out all the stuffing in her toys. She likes them flat, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...