Saturday, July 10, 2010

I Feel Good!

After laying around for two days, I am all better. I am back to doing spins, running, jumping and goosing Mama. Daddy was out of town on business this week and every night Mama would update him on my progress. I heard her tell Daddy that she knows I'm fine because I ran from the yard, through the garage and jumped all three steps and then proceeded to jump on the bed in 5 seconds flat. I feel good!

Last night we were anxiously awaiting Daddy's return home when our electric went out. Mama waited five minutes and then called the electric company. You see, we live in a rural area and there are only seven houses on our road. If you don't call and let them know there is a problem right away, well that just delays having it fixed. Mama then called Daddy and told him the electric was out. He said he was about ten minutes from home. After 30 minutes, Daddy was still not home. Mama called him again and he said he was at the end of our road and a tree had fallen on the electric line. The electric guy was already there, so it should be back on soon.

Scout was freaking out because her ceiling fan was not working. She thinks she can't breathe without a ceiling fan running. I thought it was hot too, but Mama said it was only 79 in the house. We then had to hear how some dogs live outside and don't have air conditioning. We hear how lucky we are all the time.

Daddy finally got home, but we still did not have electric. We greeted him, but had to control ourselves because it was so hot. Daddy has always told us that if the electric goes out, we can go to the motor home and use the generator. Did we do that? No! Daddy kept saying that it would be back on soon, so we could just wait in the house.

We waited and waited. Mama and Daddy sat out on the deck and it was nice outside. I don't sit outside unless I have the sun on me. The electric finally came back on after being off three and half hours. We were so happy to have our air conditioning, ceiling fans and TV again. We don't like roughing it at all.

Life is back to normal today. We have electric, Daddy's home and I'm feeling good. Life is good!

Jack
The Greyhound Who Likes Living In a World With Electricity

It's time to go Blog Hopping!

9 comments:

  1. Jack, my belief is that if God had intended for Greyhounds to rough it, he would not have invented air conditioning! We were born to be the companions of royalty, for heaven's sake! I'm glad the electricity finally came back on and that you're feeling better!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Bunny on this...you need air conditioning to keep you comfy and you do need electricity to keep you blogging with us so I'm glad everything is back to normal!
    Kisses....Daisy the Coon Hound

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glads to hear you are feeling betters

    But just to be on da safe side, I beleeves a few more days of Pampering is a good idea! (An additional week would prolly do the trick)

    MinnaK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with my good furiend MinnaK on dis one Jack. Glad you is betters but milk it for all it's got! :)

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    PeeS Yay for your Daddy being home and Yay for A/C!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the blog hop. Nice to meet you.

    Doreen from Doggies and Stuff blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jack, I'm glad you feel better. I like the soft life too. Maggie the Vizsla.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made it here from the blog hop. No one has AC in their houses here (it also doesn't get above 85 all that often). I think they do have AC at his dog daycare. I better not ever let him know that some people have the wonderous inventiont at HOME!

    Kira

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are glad to hear that everything is finally back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We live very rural, too, so are used to losing the electricity. But (Bunny will react in horror), we don't have air conditioning in the house. None.

    Shocking, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...