Wednesday, July 14, 2010

You Can't Walk Through Glass

Most greyhound owners are told when they adopt a greyhound that they should put something on glass doors such as Post-It notes so that the greyhound knows they cannot walk through it. We are raised in kennels and do not have a lot of real life experience so we have to learn these things.

The Post-It notes were taken down from our patio doors long ago because we know we can't walk through glass. Apparently Mama doesn't know that. The other day she was using the BBQ on the deck. She had a plate in her hand and walked smack into the door. The plate hit her in the stomach and she left smudges all over the door. I ran in to see what happened and had to turn my head so that she would not know that I was laughing at her. Luckily she didn't get hurt and more importantly, she did not break the door. I bet she doesn't do that again.

Jack
The Coolest Greyhound In the World

6 comments:

  1. Jack! Don't be laughing at your mama...after all, if she hadn't spilled the plate, you might have gotten some of those yummy barbeque goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack,
    Sometimes our peoples do such funny things. :) I am happy that she didn't break the glass, that would not have been a good thing. Did you gets to help her clean up the mess....yum!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glass is not a problem, but those screen doors get us all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The important question is did you get to eat any of the food she dropped?! I'm glad your mama wasn't hurt or it wouldn't be funny, but BOL! That's hilarious!

    Bunny

    P.S. We know someone whose Greyhound broke his neck running into a glass door. Tell your mom to be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack, humans have troubles with this. I haven't broken a door yet, but I've smacked any number of them. Glass doors=not good

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I hate to admit it, but I have done the same. I'll take those post-its! :)

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...