Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Snood

Mama loves knitting on her loom. She has made dishcloths and two "scarves" for the dash of the motor home.  The "scarves" are to protect the dash from picture frames on the dash.  We have way too many dishcloths now, so she decided to make a snood.  She couldn't find a pattern for a snood using a knitting loom, so she has been experimenting.

The first snood was, well, a little tight and very long.  She apparently thinks our necks are really long.

"I can't breathe!"

"I look like an old lady."
"What the heck?" 
  This is actually the same snood, but the lighting is different so the color looks totally different.
"Why do I need a snood?  Has my neck ever been cold?"

"I would rather have cold ears than wear this thing?"

"I am not going to look happy wearing this!"

"Okay, this one fits better, but I still look like an old lady."

"Seriously, I don't think a snood is necessary."

"You know, I am never going to wear this thing out in public."

"I am not amused!"
"Turn the camera off!"

Mama really needs to find something else to knit.  We are not happy about the snood.

In other news, we have left the Memphis area.  We are now near Carbondale, IL at Giant City State Park.  We leave here tomorrow and will continue our journey north.  Any guesses on our destination?  Scout is not happy here. There are horseflies. She says she is never going outside again, but I think she will have to eventually.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Doesn't Look Manly In A Snood

11 comments:

  1. Joey, you'll learn to like the snood if it lets you stay warmer longer in cold weather--without frost-bitten ears. I'm here in the hot and (usually) sunny South, and I knit snoods, too. Mine get donated to online auctions, but I make my dogs wear the snoods for photos. My Sam didn't mind wearing them for photos. Sometimes, people get in bidding wars over the snoods and the group can make some nice money for greyhound adoption expenses. Snoods earn more money in auctions if there's a picture of a cute dog in the snood. (P.S. Tell Mom she can made a people-hat to match the snood and they can auction as a set.)

    http://flic.kr/p/bWjEDt

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so funny. You two are great models. There are things that can be knitted to donate to the Wildlife Center of Virginia - to help "nest" baby birds and squirrels - maybe Mama could check that out. I was never successful in my knitting attempts. Going North, you say.....Chicago area or Michigan....can't wait to find out. Wanda says Hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dixie hated those darn horse flies! If you are ever in Southern Indiana, I would love to meet you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post cracked me up! I think you both look adorable in a snood, but I understand where you're coming from. If you come through northern Indiana again, we must meet up. You have to see the RV Hall of Fame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We considered going to Elkhart, but it was too far out of way this time. :-(

      Delete
  5. I have not had a whole lot to smile about lately and your post today just cracked me up and here I sit all alone laughing right out loud. LOL I always enjoy your stories and this one was wonderfully funny. Thanks for sharing.
    June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that we gave you a good laugh today! :-)

      Delete
  6. Choking......Now!
    This snood should be called a choker!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, you both look so cute in the snood -
    Loved these pictures of you.

    Are you heading to Chicago by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe your Mum will make you a full body suit next! We don't like horseflies either...they are nasty, bitey things.

    Beckett, Veil and Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Y'all!

    Maybe your person could make them and sell them to people with long haired, long eared dogs...like poodles and spaniels. People use them to keep the ears from gettin' in their food and water.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...