Friday, March 13, 2015

We Have A New Home!

Monday was a very long day for us.  Scout and I were not happy.  We rode in the RV with Dad to the dealer's lot and then we had to wait while the folks closed on the new rig.  The problem was that we had to stay inside with all the slides in which is not fun.  We had no room to move around.  Our closing was supposed to start at 11 a.m.  Mom was not happy that our salesman wanted us to close and then they would come out and inspect our RV to make sure it was worth the trade amount.  She told them to inspect it first.  They came out around noon with Dad and we rode along on the inspection. Everything was fine, so Dad went back inside for the closing.  He came back out at 1:30 p.m. and drove us to the spot next to our new rig. Scout and I then had to wait while the folks went through the new rig with a tech.  He told them all about the new gadgets and he made a list of things that were not working.  The dealership claims they do a 200 point inspection, but the folks found several things that were not working such as the back-up camera.  Seriously, shouldn't that have been caught during the inspection?  Finally, at around 3:30 p.m, Mom came and got us and took us for a walk.  Oh, we forgot to mention that it was a rainy day, a very rainy day.  Our old and new rigs were parked under a covered area, but we had to walk in the rain.  The water was rushing down the street.  It took us a long time to find grass and that grass was nothing but mud.  Yeah, it was not fun at all.  It rained all day and night. We were supposed to have a nice covered site with grass, but that didn't happen.  The dealership is huge and I wish we would have taken photos to show you all the rigs that were being prepared for new owners.  There were 17 closings on Monday alone and over the weekend it was even worse.  Anyway, it would have been nice for them to park us in a nicer site, but I'm sure they don't even think about who has pets and who doesn't. They just park the rig in an open site.   Finally, we were able to get in the new rig.  We were a little nervous at first, but Mom brought our beds in right away.  The folks spent the rest of the night moving in. They stopped at 10 p.m. and still were not finished.  Mom tried to put things away in an orderly fashion, but towards the end of the evening, she was just throwing things in cabinets and said she will sort through them when we are parked for a while. The folks can lock the rig from bed, but that puts the alarm on. Well, the alarm went off and they didn't know how to turn it off.  It finally went stopped, but the next morning when Mom opened the door to take us out, it went off again. We haven't used it since, but apparently whenever we use the electronic lock the alarm will be on.  That is a problem for us because it detects motion in the rig and if Scout and I happen to walk around the alarm will go off.  We were told there is not a way to change that.  The folks will research it.  The next morning, the folks continued moving in. The tech had to come back and fix a few more things that we discovered had problems. We were finally ready to leave after 11 a.m.  The tech took us to the propane area and filled up our tank.  Dad checked the tires and found them all to be low.  He told the tech and he said he would fill them up. However, the tech didn't know  what he was doing and it was almost 1 p.m. when we were ready to hit the round.  Dad was getting miffed.  He ended up doing it himself.  Our salesman came by about that time and asked what was going on.  Mom told him.  He wasn't happy that we were having issues.  The folks were not happy either.  Finally, we were able to hit the road.

The folks found the process of buying our rig very frustrating.  The main problem was the weather.  We arrived on a Thursday evening.  The folks looked at the rigs, but it was getting late and they said they would come back the next day. The next day, it snowed.  The folks made it back to the lot in the afternoon.  They picked out the rig they wanted, but Dad wanted to test drive it.  They wouldn't let him because the roads were wet.  The next day, the weather was bad again. The folks went back to the dealership in the afternoon.  They were given some bad news about the interest rate.  They have great credit, but since we are full-timers the interest rate for us is higher.  They decided to go ahead and fill out the credit app.  On Monday, there was no news from the finance company.  On Tuesday, they found out that the finance company was charging them an even higher rate than expected.  The dealership started making deals with them then.  They bought a half a point off of the interest rate and upped the trade-in value of the rig.  The folks decided to go for it.  They put money down on the rig.  About five minutes after they did that, another salesman came in the room and said that another couple wanted our rig. He said he told them it was sold.  The folks were told we could not pick up the new rig until Monday.  What?  That meant we had to cancel our plans for the RV rally in AZ.  The folks were really disappointed.  On Wednesday, nothing happened.  On Thursday, we had a snow/ice storm.  On Friday, the roads were dry enough for Dad to take the rig out for a test drive.  Saturday, the folks went to Fort Worth for sightseeing and on Sunday, we cleaned the rig. 

Now, you are probably wanting to see photos of our new rig.  Well, we haven't taken very many because since we have moved in, we have been on the road.  Mom planned on posting a few, but now we can't find the camera.  BOL!  We had it last night, but where is it now?  We haven't a clue.

Our new home.  45' with 4 slides.
We have lots to tell you about our new home and where we have been since we lift the dealership, but we will save that for next time.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Is Living In Luxury
Post a Comment

Billy Bass Adoption Center

Do you have a Billy Bass that needs a new home?  Flying Fish Restaurant in Little Rock has a solution. They have an adoption center. ...