Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Dogs Are Upset With Me

Last night, Jack's wound starting bleeding a little. I put styptic powder on it and he screamed. He didn't scream on Sunday when my husband did the same thing. I tried it again and again he screamed and this time Scout came running to help him. She was so concerned that Mama was hurting him. I then decided to put an ointment on it to keep it from getting infected. I noticed that Jack had his head buried into Scout and she was kissing his ears. How sweet is that?
I knew that she loved him, but I wasn't so sure about him loving her.

When my husband came home from work, they both greeted him and seemed to linger with him longer than normal. I told him that Jack cried when I put the styptic powder on him and both dogs gave me the "stink eye". Wow! I gave them a Frosty Paw to make up with them and they ate it, but they still gave me the cold shoulder most of the night.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Jack. We are sorry that he is hurting, but glad he has Scout to comfort him. We think it is kind of funny that they went running to their daddy when he came home for protection from mean, evil mommy. We are, of course, kidding. You are doing what is best for him.

    Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...