Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm not fired!

Mama said that I am not fired. She said she understands how hard it is to stay awake when the room is nice and warm and Mr. Sunbeam is shining down on me. I was really worried because I couldn't imagine what other job she might find for me. We all need to contribute to the household chores here.

I was fired from my previous job. Scout has that job now. Scout is in charge of helping Mama bring firewood in from the screened porch. You want to know why I got fired? You are not going to laugh are you? It's kind of embarrassing. Okay, here it is. I peed on the wood. Nature called and I was outside on the screened porch, well, it seems like the outside and anyway, I saw the wood and figured it was okay. It wasn't. Mama says wet wood doesn't burn well and she really didn't want to burn pee soaked wood, so I was fired right there and then. I TOLD YOU IT WAS EMBARRASSING!

I'm hiding my head in shame now.

The not so greyt hound,
Jack

4 comments:

  1. Ohh, that dont'z sound all dat bads. I pee on timgs on da porch alls da time. Course ours porch ain't screeneded in. I tinks hers should give youz a nuther chance.

    I luvs to lay in Mr. Sunbeams light. Its sooooooo warm and laxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'z gotta get daddy to start using myz profile to comment. Wez gonna have a talks bout this real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack, that doesn't sound so bad, but we can understand your mom not wanting to burn your pee - it would probably stink. We are glad that you didn't get fired from Fire Watcher.

    Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! This was the cutest story :) As jobs go, Jack has a pretty great one!

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...