Friday, November 5, 2010

RIP Talentedmrripley


I learned that my Bio Daddy, Talentedmrripley, died on Wednesday of a stroke. He was 11 and lived at the Greyhound Hall of Fame in Abilene, KS.

He was an excellent racer. He never finished lower than 5th place. His record was 65/7-3-2-2 in79 starts. If you would like to read more about him, here is a link. Talentedmrripley
I did not take after him. I raced eight times and came in second once. I liked to bump the other dogs. I still like to bump, but I do it to Mama now.

Bio Daddy was busy. There are 1,061 of his offspring running around. I guess that's why I never saw him on holidays.

Last year, we traveled to Abilene, KS for a greyhound event and I saw Bio Daddy through the window of the Greyhound Hall of Fame. This is what I wrote on my blog about seeing him:

"This afternoon, we walked past the Greyhound Hall of Fame. My bio Daddy was not happy. He started barking and running in front of the window. He was not happy that I was on his property. It's not like I was coming asking for money or anything. Sheesh! Mama just wanted to have our photo taken in front of the sign. The Hall of Fame lady put him in the back room and came out to meet me since I was one of his sons. We told her that we didn't want to upset him. She said he carries on like that when any dog walks past the Hall of Fame. He is like a real watch dog. We are not like that at all. We don't bark. A burglar would have to trip over us to get hurt."

Mama and Daddy actually met him and said he was very sweet. He had a nice throne in which he greeted his guests.

Here Scout, Mama and me are in front of the Greyhound Hall of Fame.

RIP Talentedmrripley. You will be missed!

Jack
The Son of the Talentedmrripley

2 comments:

  1. Oh, we hadn't heard he passed away! How sad! He certainly was a legend, I do know that.

    I love that picture of all of you in front of the Hall of Fame!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that your BIO Daddy has passed on. I hope you aren't too sad :(

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...