Thursday, October 10, 2013

Why Does Scout Stink?

No, she didn't get sprayed by a skunk and I didn't pee on her.  It is still 50% my fault.  She says it is 100%, but I think she needs to take half the blame.  Okay, so here is what happened.  We came back from a walk on Tuesday and I ran in the house and drank some water, then ate some food, then drank more water, than ate more food and then drank more water and then went to the end of the big rug and threw it all up.  It was pretty impressive.  Mama wasn't happy because: 1) she has a weak stomach and sometime when I loose my cookies, she almost looses hers, 2) Dad wasn't home to clean it up and 3) we were out of paper towels.  So, Mama started cleaning it up with towels.  She actually gave me permission to help, but I declined and went back to my bowl and ate some more.  She told me to stop, but I was hungry.  The clean up process took a while since Mama was coughing and carrying on.  The rug was still pretty wet, so Mama folded it over so that the underneath could dry.  It is a 5 X 7.  She should have just put it outside, but she was scared we would slide on the floor.   Mama left to buy paper towels and when she got home, she found Scout sleeping on the wet, stinky carpet.  The smell from the carpet is now stuck to Scout and it is like that Seinfeld episode where Jerry's car stinks.  The smell seems to be multiplying.  It is on Scout, her collar, the bedding.  IT IS EVERYWHERE!   The solution would be to give Scout a bath.  Well, we don't have a shower that is big enough.  The next option is to give her a shower outside, but Mama is concerned with doing that by herself. However, that may still may happen.  We had baby wipes on hand, but they didn't do anything.  Mama tried plain water and also some light perfume.  Yesterday, she bought doggy wipes and puppy shampoo.  Today, she bought carpet cleaner.  We have lots of different odors going on in here now.  BOL!

Joey,
The Greyhound Whose Sister Stinks Less Today Than Yesterday!  BOL!

10 comments:

  1. OH NO!!!! Tell your mama that a lot of car washes around here now have do it yourself dog washes in one bay. It's a popular trend. It's nice because you walk up a ramp into the tub and your human doesn't have to bend over. You put in about $5 and it puts out the pressurized water. Mutant BO is nothing to mess around with!

    Another thing your mama could try is the skunk stink recipe. It's easy to make, and it might turn the black part of her fur brown for a little while, but it does get the stink out.

    16 oz. fresh hydrogen peroxide
    1/4 cup baking soda
    1-2 teaspoons Dawn dish washing liquid

    Mix them all together right before the bath and use them right away. Don't let it sit or the oxygen might cause a closed container to explode.

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bunny. It is late before we have a car, but the weekend is coming, so we will see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I'm laughing at everyone's troubles tonight, but I can't help it because blog writers are so funny! Hope you get it all sorted out. Scout...enjoy the stinky while you can. Sounds like momma has plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no! but that was a bit giggle worthy

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ewwww Scout :) Rugs are the best places to throw up. They are usually all fluffy so it takes extra effort to get out!
    Mum feels your moms pain, she said it is bad enough cleaning up chihuahua puke - she can't imagine how big the pool of greyhound puke is......
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just glad I can't smell through the blog :) Hope you find a doggie wash close by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found out there is a doggie wash nearby. However, looking at the photos of it, I am not sure I can get Scout into it on my own. I am thinking that I will give her a shower later outside. The water is heated and it is supposed to be 77 today.

      Delete
  7. Joey & Scout,

    Tell Mama to look for something called "waterless shampoo" in a pet store. It's a liquid in a spray bottle; you squirt some on the stinky part of the dog, rub it with a paper towel until the area looks clean, then let it air dry. It's a handy thing to have on hand. It works on sick dogs who threw up on their own legs (Silver), or dogs who've got stitches and can't get wet (Silver--but this was March 2012, when she'd just been spayed and the anesthesia made her sick), or dogs who don't want to get wet in cold weather (everyone in my household).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, someone else told me about the waterless dog shampoo this week and I need to buy some. I didn't see it at the pet store, but I wasn't looking for it then. It would have definitely come in handy this week.

      Delete
  8. Hi Y'all,

    Guess I just learned why my Human feeds me at set times twice a day and limits my water after exercise.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...