Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cookie Tasting 2013

Yesterday, Mama made fudge and no bake oatmeal cookies.  I was not allowed to taste them due to the chocolate. 

 This afternoon, Mama decided to make peanut butter blossoms and she said we could taste the peanut butter part.  Scout did not participate because this is what she was doing during the cookie tasting.

Scout was too busy sleeping to taste peanut butter cookies. She is asleep but her eyes are open. She is scary sometimes.
I'm ready for my cookie tasting.


Yum, yum, yum!

Oops, I drooled...sorry.

Very good, Mama!  Another please!

These are the cookies. We used refrigerated ones because we only  have one oven rack and it would take all day if we had to bake homemade.  I did not taste the chocolate, just the cookie.

This is how a greyhound should look when they rest, not like Scout. BOL!

We have a Ninja 3 in 1 update for those that are interested.  Mama made spaghetti in it last week and it was so simple and fast.  She browned the ground beef and mushrooms in it and then changed it to the bake mode because that is what the recipe said to do. She added the sauce and the noodles.  The recipe called for a pound of spaghetti.  Mama only had a half pound of angel hair pasta, so she knew the cooking time would be less than the half hour the recipe said.  It was probably about ten minutes and it was done.  It was good!

Spaghetti in the Ninja
Mama tried ribs again. This time she used the St. Louis Style ribs.  The ribs turned out really good, but had more fat than the baby backs she tried earlier.  She was impressed by how good they were though.



Mama also made another roast this weekend, but didn't take photos. She used condensed mushroom soup and dry soup mix and she said it was really good.

Mama is still trying to figure out what she wants to fix for Christmas dinner in the Ninja.  It will either be ribs, chicken or a roast.

We met a lady yesterday who said we were beefy looking.  I don't think it was a compliment, but since I like beef, I was not offended.  Mama told her that our vet said we look fine to him.  Mama also said that you can't hide anything when you wear white and I am in white fur.  BOL!

We still need to finish Part 3 of our year in review.  We just decided the cookie tasting was more fun today.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Only Has One More BIG Sleep Before The Fun Police Is Back In Town

6 comments:

  1. I think I should have driven to Houston today after working the hunter check station to help you test out those cookies. I can eat chocolate you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, Joey, I'm drooling just looking at the pictures! And if that Ninja cooked the dry pasta directly mixed with other ingredients, I want to get one! That's why I never make spaghetti, I hate separate pan to boil the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the pasta is put in dry. No boiling, no steam, no strainer. It is just one pan cooking!

      Delete
    2. Amazing! Ok--I think it is time for me to get one! When u bake a whole chicken in it, please post photos. Thank you!

      Delete
    3. It all sounds pretty tasty!

      Bunny

      Delete
  3. Sheesh! Now I'm hungry, Joey! You and Scout are gorgeous. What did that lady mean! Hmpf.

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...