Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hotel Living

We are in the hotel and Scout and I do not like it at all. We want to go back home, but Mama says we have to stay here until we find another house. It's not at all like I thought it would be. I can't do zoomies here. There are boxes all over, but Mama says that will change. She's trying to unpack, but she brought too much stuff. She said some of the stuff will have to go to Grandma's.

Scout and I were so excited all day about our big move. Mama and Daddy packed up the cars and left for a few hours. The Pod man came while they were gone and took it away. After they got home, we did zoomies in our house because it was empty. It's fun doing zoomies in an empty house.

Daddy said that one of us would have to stay behind because there wasn't room for both of us and our beds in the Jeep. We didn't want to stay behind, so we squeezed into the Jeep with our beds and blankets. We could see out the window without even standing up. It was fun. Mama wanted to take photos but the camera was already at the hotel.

Mama cried as we left the house. She said a chapter of our life has ended and while she is very happy, she is a little sad too. I didn't really understand it until we got to this hotel and now I'm sad too.

Mama says our yard here is nice because we have a patio door and it's blocked off for just us. I don't get why she thinks it's nice. It's small. It's not like home at all. I really want to go back home.

The pizza man didn't come tonight. Mama says he will come after we get settled in and can enjoy his visit more.

Jack
The Greyhound Who Is Very Sad Tonight

4 comments:

  1. Aww, your post made me feel sad too. But it won't be long and things will much better. Hang in there, this sort of thing is hard on everyone for a while, lots of adjustments. Try and think of your Mom and Dad...be strong for them and make them smile as much as you can. They love you so much - you are so lucky to have them regardless of your being in a situation that is difficult for you right now. Things will get better!

    Hugs and scritches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have to tell you to keep your Sunny Sides Up and eventually things will get much better for you.

    The Pizza Man will come and you can say, Just put it on Dad's tab and bring us another, please. Its important to be nice to these guys.

    Kisses,
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack, this is Zephyr, you've got to hang in there! I know it's hard and sad to be leaving your home. I think it always is no matter why you're moving. My Mom and us did it last March. It was hard, and I know what you mean about all the boxes. Also, we had to wait a couple months for the snow to melt before they could fence our yard, not fun. But, it all turned out okay. Mom got us and the kitties some of those plug in pheromone things (D.A.P for dogs) and that helped us feel at home. Your Mom and Dad are probably kind of stressed right now too, but remember they love you and will always be there for you. I'm sure they will be taking you and Scout to some nice places while you're staying at the hotel, and that will be fun. I bet you will be making lots of friends at the hotel. Also, there is a thing called Hall Zoomies that you do in hotels. It's when you get to do the zoomies up and down the hotel hallway. I can't tell you how I know about them right now because Santa might be listening, but you must try it. ;-)

    The Pizza Man will come soon!

    Your friend,
    Zephyr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Jack! Now I feel sad for you. I don't have a fence around my yard, but you can come and stay here with me, as long as you can put up with Morgan! I'll bet you'll find a new house to live in soon. It'll be a great new adventure, you'll see! And just to cheer you up, Santa will come tomorrow!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...