Monday, April 18, 2011

Goldie Is Home!


I was shocked when Daddy told me to look outside. Goldie is home! I thought she was sold with the house. Daddy said she was being stored at my uncle's house and now she is home. Guess what? Goldie is taking us camping this weekend! I'm so excited. I wanted to sleep in Goldie last night, but Mama said no.

We didn't do a lot this weekend. Mama had a migraine on Saturday. She and I laid on the couch and watched Parking Wars most of the day. It was a cold and very windy day, so it was a good day to snuggle on the couch.

Yesterday, Goldie came home. Daddy cut the grass and Mama went to the store. She stopped at this place near us that is a pig/hog farm and they sell the meat right there. It's self service which seems a little odd, but they've been in business for years. Mama bought some bacon and spare ribs. We had some bacon for breakfast and it was good and we are going to try the spare ribs tonight. Mama says she will stop by and buy some other meat for our camping trip. They have brats and other things, but not pork steaks which is disappointing.

Daddy said he thinks some cows or other livestock are going to be moved into the field across the road from us. He said the farmer put up an electric fence this weekend. We would rather have animals than houses to look at, so we are fine with that.

Mama took a few photos of us in our yard this morning. Here is Scout. She is still wearing her Valentine's Day collar. She really needs to change into something more appropriate.


Here I am in my camouflage collar. I call it my camping/country collar.

Jack
The Greyhound Who Is Excited About Camping!

1 comment:

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...