Friday, April 22, 2011

We Are Ready For The Weekend!


We have been so busy helping Mama in the office that we need a break. Don't we look tired? It's hard work being a telecommuter pup.

We were quite surprised yesterday when two hummingbirds showed up outside our office window. Here is a photo of one of them. It's not too good because we took his photo through the window.


Mama loves birds and put up the hummingbird feeders and other bird feeders right after we moved in. Today, the goldfinches have found our feeders. We hope the raccoons stay away from our feeders. They were such pests at the old house.

Today, we watched the Norfolk eaglets get banded. It was quite interesting. The next big event will be when they fledge. Mama has been hooked on these live feeds. There are also eaglets in Iowa that we are watching and two sets of hummingbirds in California. The hummingbirds have all fledged but new eggs are waiting to be hatched. We never knew about these live feeds until this year.

Jack
The Greyhound Who Is Going Camping Soon!

4 comments:

  1. Hello - I am Wanda's mom (or grandma, depending on my daughter's view - Wanda is Jack's half sister). I love your new home and are so glad Jack has a deck and Scout has a yard to zoom in. I am also hooked on the Eagle Cam - not sure if you alerted me to it or not through your blog but if you did, thank you very much. Luckily, my workload was minimal yesterday and I could watch most of the activities with the banding - had to try and explain to my boss why there was a Woo Hoo shouted out when Dad returned to the nest! Not easy - but I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary,

    Yes, I was excited when the Dad returned last night too. I thought he would, but it sure was nice to see it happen.

    Give Wanda a hug for me.

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad is fascinated by that Eagle Cam! He watches it a lot!

    I don't know what I'd do if Mom was home every day! She'd be interrupting my naps all the time to go out for fun!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. telecommuter pup.. you guys are so cute!

    Greyhound Kisses, Jazz

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...